RWF 500,000 per month. Is this reasonable?

am moving to work as an audit manager with an audit firm in Kigali. The firm is proposing to pay me RWF 500,000 per month. Is this reasonable. How much would I save if am alone. I intend to get a reasonable one bedroom house as far as possible from Kigali but near enough to allow me report to my Kigali station on time. I also intend to lead as simple a life as possible with no luxuries.

Hi ma friend,
I would like to tell you that an amount of 500,000 Rwf is enough if you are alone living in Kigali.But you must think about the rental price and the distance between where the firm locate and where you will leave,may be you may contact me and help to count and investigate but never mind those money will help you to survive.

Thanks alot Pazzo. I will be based in Kigali and would prefer to get a one bedroom house. I believe the closer one is to Kigali, the more expensive. I want to live in a typical neighbourhood where those who work in Kigali live. How much do you think I will be bale to save if I lead a very modest life.

Kind Regards
Amos

Hi gicheha,

I created a separated thread with your post on the Kigali forum in order to bring more light to your questions. :)

Thanks,

Priscilla

That salary is just rent alone in kigali!!! Tell them to at least double it.

(Moderated: off topic)