I am offered a job in PNG

I am offered a job in Port Moresby, PNG as a primary care physician, with a 3 years contract ( on probation ) depending of my job performance. Salary offered is at 2,000 USD to be deposited directly to my phil. Bank acct. And 3,000 PNG kina with some deductions for food, tax. Is this compensation fair. Would love to hear some insights, before i decide. This is my first time to work outside the phils. I'll be leaving behind my son. Is it worth it? What do you thinks guys. Thanks.

rhizamd wrote:

I am offered a job in Port Moresby, PNG as a primary care physician, with a 3 years contract ( on probation ) depending of my job performance. Salary offered is at 2,000 USD to be deposited directly to my phil. Bank acct. And 3,000 PNG kina with some deductions for food, tax. Is this compensation fair. Would love to hear some insights, before i decide. This is my first time to work outside the phils. I'll be leaving behind my son. Is it worth it? What do you thinks guys. Thanks.

There are other things to take into consideration.
Does the employer supply safe accommodation and transportation
Yearly return airfares
Medical insurance cover
Is the US dollar salary tax free, or does the employer pay tax out of that. Tax is around 30%

Hi rhizamd,

A new thread has been created with your question on the Papua New Guinea forum for more visibility. :)

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hi rhiza, good day i had an offer to in Lae but negotiated and they gave me 3000 USD net pay, free accommodation, flight, med insurance, 3 years contract also. But still contemplating cause of the issue of safety! I will still negotiate other conditions like free utilities, more net pay, and to further discuss the employment terms, they havent disclose all the details yet cause they want me to sign first my acceptance, which I defer for the moment!

I was in Lae. The place not perfect for family.if you are bachlor its good.do not go for gross pakage.ask net and all other fecilities like car safe accomdation and medical insurence. As long as you are not wandering at night you are safe

I am looking for the job opportunities to work anyway fashion.I am currently working as a account receivable officer but didn't want to work in Port Moresby.I am interested in working outside.

(moderated: no copy/paste here please)

Dear All,

I have a current job but would like to do something additional to cater for the growing expenses of working and living in Port Moresby. I will be very happy to do anything around administration and policy in both public and private sectors.

Do you have any idea how much is the salary package for an IT in Port Moresby?

It depends but it is usually competitive.

Hello everyone,

This is an old topic. You might start a new thread on the Papua New Guinea forum ;)

@Somethingextra .. Ballpark figure? any idea?

To shailamikey;

Well IT is quite broad. If you are specific in an IT job, I would give you some figures. But trust me, IT jobs are one of the well paid jobs in PNG. Well if you need a ballpark figure, it can be around USD50,000 for a start considering you as an expert.

It's IT System Admin. Do you have any idea?

Hi Guys,

Just want to check if someone here working as Engineer (Property & Facility Management) any idea on the Salary (Net) to be assigned in Port Moresby.

I received a Job offer for the position above, i just want to check if the salary offered to me is a standard salary now in POM.

Thanks

hllo mam. ajan k po b sa PNG? kmsta po jan.. my offer po kase skin sa ports morsby, ok po b jan? thank u po...

Reminder:

You are invited to write Only in English on the anglophone version of the forum please.

Thank you

Kenjee
Expat.com

Hello sir, i just want to ask about life in PNG. Safety, cost of living... If work as nurse how much will be the salary?

Try www.numbeo.com  for cost of living
Regarding safety contact your embassy

For salary Google search may assist

$2000 for a physician is peanut ... K3000 shall net about K2000 less insurance and foods if accommodation is free. Now ... how would you live? Alone? Seem unsafe too. Why not try Guam? they needs doctors with at least 5K ... plus safety living.

Hello,

2000 USD a month plus k3000 is fairly good amount to be earning on a monthly basis and on an expert assignment as per your line of work.

I would advice you to research & ensure that the organization which is offering you this job is a genuine one. And find out also if they will be providing you with accommodation because it's quit expensive to be renting ur self. Find out if they will be providing travel for you during your leave because flights can be quit expansive between PNG and Philippines. Also find out which province is the job location.

Obviously there is a Filipino community in Port Moresby where you can meet your country men and women and socialize.

Hope this helps.

Joe

How does a 6500 png rate for a hotel employee fair?
Is that already a reasonable offer?
The package includes housing, transpo, medical insurance, meal allowance and a yearly.ticket.

you mean they offer you a 6500 kina thats youre gross?
the cost of living here in PNG quite to high so..the house rent here its to expensive some raging from 1800 to 3500 per forth night.

Well 6500 is net.. Then all the others such as housing, transpo is provider by the company.

Is that fair enough?

Hi

Did you eventually take up the offer?
if yes,your experiences so far in PNG