2 year ban on expats trying to switch jobs in muscat

Hi manish1986,

If your former employer is unwilling to give you an NOC, you cannot return to the Sultanate for a period of 2 years from the date of your departure from Oman.

I still so shocked by this horrible policy that I can't believe it. It's the worst decision BY FAR in the 10 years I've lived here. It changes workers into abused slaves. Pretty soon, Oman's expat employees will be no better off than those in Saudi. I'm thinking about the timing of this decision, and it seems that it was made when HMSQ was very sick. It is so sad that Oman is gaining a horrible reputation from its workers. And it's sickening to hear what people say. :-( :-( :-(  (I seriously doubt that anyone will change it because it would mean swallowing their pride.)

Hi kathyinoman,

No point in us expats ranting and raving about this rule. The authorities seem to think it is a very judicious and well thought through plan of action to provide more and more employment opportunities to more and more locals !

The government is not the least bit apologetic about this rule and they have even flatly refused to reconsider their decision, even after much hue and cry from different quarters. The writing on the wall is pretty clear 'We don't care' !!