Cancelled family visa

dear all, i am from Malaysia and now in sohar Oman, i want send back my family to Malaysia.Did i need to cancelled my family visa or just go like that, because my family not happy stay here and want go back.My wife have resident card here.What happen if she just go back like that because i still working here.

Hello,

If your wife is sure of not returning to Oman, then it is advisable to get her dependent visa and residence card cancelled before she exits the Sultanate. In case your family decides to return at some later date, the process would be simpler and easier that way.

If your wife exits the country and does not return to renew her visa and resident card, it would lapse automatically. But re-entry would be a hassle. It is any day better to follow the procedures to make your life in a foreign country uncomplicated.

Good luck.

:)  thank you for your advised, can you tell me the procedure to cancelled her visa and resident card, for your information , my company do it her visa when she come here but all the cost under me, they just help me to apply the visa, did i must do it through my company or i can do it my self in airport when the time she going back. thank you my friend

Hello hishamuddin,

Cancelling a visa and surrendering the resident card would have to be done at the airport, after getting the boarding card and before proceeding on to immigrations. Who paid for the visa etc is immaterial.

And no you cannot do it on your own. The visa cancellation exercise has to be done only with / by your company PRO.

There are forms in Arabic which would have to be filled, signed and stamped by the company prior to going to the airport. Then the same has to presented at the visa cancellation counters at the airport, by your company PRO. Once the visa is cancelled and the resident card taken back, the traveller will be allowed entry into the immigrations section through a separate gate.

Good luck !