CAN I GET WORK VISA ISSUED DURING PREGNANCY. HELP PLEASE !

My wife who is here with me in KSA on spouse visa (family iqama) recently got an excellent irresistible job offer from Armed forces hospital in KSA but they want her to go back to home country (Pak) and come back on new visa of there own. The problem is, she is pregnant 28 weeks (7 months). I was afraid that if I send her on final exit visa for issuance of new work visa from Royal Saudi Embassy in Pakistan, what if they reject her visa on the grounds of pregnancy? Is there any restriction for issuing work visas to pregnant ladies.. I wanted the hospital to take her transfer of sponsorship but they say its mandatory according to there policy to come on new visa of there own. Kindly guide if you have any related experience and oblige. Regards.

Dear Dr Saab,
as our information if you send wife final exit for new visa its OK but while medical test for new visa stamping you will face this problem and my be air line to refuse to travel.
now 7 month so wait for few month more than keep baby in ksa under your iqama and wife send to exit for new visa.

yes bro but the employers need to hire the doc in one months time. Also I have checked airline policies, they allow you to travel untill 36th week i.e around 8th month.. I cant delay the process as the hospital has given a limited time period to join (i.e 1 month).. Now i have no idea that have any one around ever got a work visa while pregnant? Now clear rules mentioned about it..

msq2220 wrote:

Dear Dr Saab,
as our information if you send wife final exit for new visa its OK but while medical test for new visa stamping you will face this problem and my be air line to refuse to travel.
now 7 month so wait for few month more than keep baby in ksa under your iqama and wife send to exit for new visa.

I have come to know that embassy will stamp visa because X ray could be done in 3rd trimester with a protector shield so the embassy wont have any problem what so ever.. the only concern is if the HR will send her back again on exit visa when she lands here to join hospital.

no info yet  :(:sosad::unsure:sick:sleep

dear Sir,
as same our friend face problem but he wait here till baby devilry after that he send exit baby under father name for more information call to me after 09.00 am on this cell : 0535113688.

msq2220 wrote:

dear Sir,
as same our friend face problem but he wait here till baby devilry after that he send exit baby under father name for more information call to me after 09.00 am on this cell : 053*******.

thanks alot bro ! i have noted down your number.. you can delete it now and I will call you tomorrow on the said timings..

there is no way her work visa process will finish in one month.  hospital wants someone within a month, but i hope they know how long it takes to bring someone from outside on a work visa?  it can easily take 2-3 months.

Trapezius wrote:

there is no way her work visa process will finish in one month.  hospital wants someone within a month, but i hope they know how long it takes to bring someone from outside on a work visa?  it can easily take 2-3 months.

No her degrees are already attested.. I consulted the agent too which they sent visa slip.. he says it will easily get stamped in max 2weeks after u provide me all docs with medical. the medical takes 3 days ! moreover the visa is from MODA so i guess they work really quick if they need to. but my issue is still unsolved. they said no transfer of iqama policy and what so ever you have to come on new visa (as in other gov/MODA institutes). So dont know what to do..

Well, it is up to you then.  Risky, as anytime a Saudi says it will be done tomorrow, it takes a week, and if they say a week, it can take 2-4 weeks easily.

If you are confident the visa will be stamped quickly, within the deadline for traveling as a pregnant woman, then go for it.  By the way, once your wife arrives here on their visa and starts work, she will give birth within a month or so.  Is that OK with the employer?  Will they give any maternity leave to a fresh employee?  You have to think about that too, and the effect it will have on the newborn and the mother.

Trapezius wrote:

Well, it is up to you then.  Risky, as anytime a Saudi says it will be done tomorrow, it takes a week, and if they say a week, it can take 2-4 weeks easily.

If you are confident the visa will be stamped quickly, within the deadline for traveling as a pregnant woman, then go for it.  By the way, once your wife arrives here on their visa and starts work, she will give birth within a month or so.  Is that OK with the employer?  Will they give any maternity leave to a fresh employee?  You have to think about that too, and the effect it will have on the newborn and the mother.

exactly that is what I am concerned about because I have heard they dont give leave in probation period. But if I ask them now they will simply refuse to hire and cancel the visa. They have written free medical and 9 days sick leave though in the contract but there still is ambiguity over maternity leave etc.. I just hope I end up with a right decision. Do you have any idea uptill which month airlines allow a pregnant lady to travel? i have searched a lil bit and I guess it is 34th week but I am not very sure about it..

It varies by airline, and you should always check the particular airline's page.  Ranges between 32 and 36 weeks.

As for the job, I think your wife should shelf it for now, have the baby in Jeddah, wait for a couple of years, and then look for jobs again.

If she comes on their visa and they see she is heavily pregnant (did they not see as much during the interview?), they might cancel her visa, or if they don't, they definitely will not give any maternity leave.  They will let her have the baby, and expect her to be back at work within a couple of days (she can use up all 9 days sick leave, but that's it).

Bad timing, sorry.

Trapezius wrote:

It varies by airline, and you should always check the particular airline's page.  Ranges between 32 and 36 weeks.

As for the job, I think your wife should shelf it for now, have the baby in Jeddah, wait for a couple of years, and then look for jobs again.

If she comes on their visa and they see she is heavily pregnant (did they not see as much during the interview?), they might cancel her visa, or if they don't, they definitely will not give any maternity leave.  They will let her have the baby, and expect her to be back at work within a couple of days (she can use up all 9 days sick leave, but that's it).

Bad timing, sorry.

yeah bad timing ! thats true.. but my wife is a gynaecologist and being a physician we cant discontinue our career like this because our license gets dissolved if we don't practice for long.. and yes during the interview they knew very well that she is pregnant. the director of department even asked her what month she is in.. So I assume the dept has no issue but we are not sure about the HR.. I have the same feeling like yours that if I discussed all this with HR they might straight away cancel the contract/visa.. its like on my mind 24/7.. Al i just want to know from some lady who has been granted a work visa during pregnancy. because first obstacle could be the embassy itself and then comes the HR etc..

Trapezius wrote:

the offer is very good. We dont want to leave it because no where else you could get the package they offered. so very pissed off on the situation.We have a few other offers like from NGHA but they are locum jobs and this one was a permanent one.. that too in jeddah ! whereas NGHA is offering in dammam. my whole family lives in jeddah including my parents so this job was like a dream come true.. but.. the timing.

got no reasonable info yet..