Going to Bahrain without car Insurance

Anyone having experience while travelling to Bahrain through Saudi Cause way, while your car insurance is expired?

Please be informed that it is an offence to drive in Bahrain without a valid motor vehicle insurance. I understand there is a motor vehicle insurance office on the Causeway, and you should try to get a suitable insurance cover that will be acceptable to Bahrain authorities before you cross over.

Ha ha ha, this is so funny. Without valid insurance you will not be allowed to cross the causeway. You will be forced by customs officials to purchase the insurance there and then

The car is having Saudi registertion number and saudi insurance is expired. Not asking to drive in Bahrain, for that I know, temporary insurance can be taken on causeway.

Not sure what the rules on the Saudi side are.

Hi
The last cabin in custom , is insurance company , so u can't pass with out fish ur insurance so u can pay there and come in . Enjoy ur day

I am asking about first cabin, i.e., Saudi customs.

As long car register they don't care about insurance . And u have latter for the car

This is good info for me, but, are your sure about this....? any experience..?

Non of us obviously drive illegally. If you want to know for sure I suggest you contact customs officials and speak to them. I do know people who's insurance has expired without them knowing and they have been sent to one side of the causeway, made to wait for over an hour or more while they sort it all out at great expense.
I suggest you sort it BEFORE  you start your journey or better still get a taxi

WE Say it in Arabic , Habibi , just go and make insurance safe your life and others ,, if you have money to come to bahrain and drink and enjoy am sure you can make insurance.

yang for ever wrote:

WE Say it in Arabic , Habibi , just go and make insurance safe your life and others ,, if you have money to come to bahrain and drink and enjoy am sure you can make insurance.

Perfectly said

hehehehe........ :D:D
"If you know the worst, you can plan the best"
It is asked since there is some issue...other wise, I am regular traveler to Bahrain since last 7 years...

Josnuggles wrote:
yang for ever wrote:

Perfectly said

By the way....Insurance is not to "SAVE YOUR LIFE AND OTHERS"...... it is just an auction to your life and others. rather it gives a margin to rash driving....

ok bro ,,,

what ever you said . just we aew talking about this issues since days , so make insurance and save our power .;)

Dear all,

This is to share information that I have traveled from Saudi to Bahrain without valid insurance for Saudi number car. there is no restriction by Saudi custom for insurance validity. However, insurance is must required while entering Bahrain.

I can see some comments are making fun of some ppl. Please stick to the point and avoid unpleasant these types of comments .

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : post removed - asked to be deleted by author

dear studksu,

"Residents of Saudi who have their own cars may use this crossing providing they have car insurance for both countries. For those coming from Saudi without Bahrain insurance can purchase at the border"

got this from a web source, so i guess you need to buy.

Good luck

T&R

Yes... there are no insurance policies sold in Saudi that cover THIRD PARTY damage for other GCC countries. I have so-called "Fully Comprehensive" Saudi insurance but this does NOT cover 3rd party in Bahrain or Qatar so I have to purchase the cover when entering those countries. To my mind, this is a scam, but that's the way it is.

logicalIndian is right... you'll need to buy 3rd party insurance on the Causeway

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : message removed - asked by the initiator