Looking for AMERICANS in Al Ahsa, Dammam, Khobar area

Hi all,
I am specifically looking for Americans to connect with in this area. I have been here for about a month now and am the ONLY American on my compound other than my boss' boss. I was invited to an Aramco party by someone I met, but she is pretty sick right now and can't go. So I am back to square one on trying to make some American connections out here. Please respond if you are in this area, are American, and are interested in making a new friend!!

Jess -
I am not in your area, but understand your feelings. I have been in Jeddah since Sept. and have only met a few Americans. Maybe you could expand your group to Aussies and Brits. You may have a little bit more luck finding a group of friends that way. I'd say try the American Consulate around there and see if you can join a party they hold to meet people, but the one in Jeddah is soooo not helpful and as far as I can tell so far very few Americans even work there. Also those I know who have gotten invited to parties there are Spanish. Go figure,

I wish you luck on meeting more Americans.

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely open to anyone who has English as a first language, but there aren't people close to my age on my compound where that even applies! Well, maybe one, but she is married with kids. So, since there is more than one Aramco compound close to me, I figured I would try just reaching out to Americans right now. It's been extremely isolating. But yes, ANYONE out here who is from a country with English as a first language, feel free to respond!

Hello friends,

Does anyone have an american friends here ? coz actually its gets a little lonely for me to live here since its my first time and new here.

Hoping you are fine dear,

You Know English has become a Lingua Franca.... So if it is the matter of having some good friends you can share thoughts, emotions and get together with good non-Americans as well. I admire Americans for being culture oriented and explorers. It's Just a suggestion dear.

Hi Everyone

Sorry i'm not an american but my wife is European and we are going through hard times trying to fit in here in AL AHSA,
the lifestyle is a bit harsh and i've been looking for a compound for days now but no result!

Could anyone advise where to go?
also we need to meet ppl have new friends.

Thanks

voxsmartix wrote:

Hi Everyone

Sorry i'm not an american but my wife is European and we are going through hard times trying to fit in here in AL AHSA,
the lifestyle is a bit harsh and i've been looking for a compound for days now but no result!

Thanks

Hi friend!

I can feel what you are facing because I lived in Al-Hasa for one year and I think it's difficult to find a western compound there, But I would like to advice you to spend your week-ends here in Khobar or Bahrain so you can refresh your mode,

Please do not hesitate to request any advice

Regards,

Ahmed

Thanks man i do appreciate your respond

Hi  Jess,

Welcome to Saudi and I do hope you enjoy your stay here . I have been here now for 3 years with Aramco in KAUST  close to Jeddah  and is now transferred to Dammam to a new Aramco project. I know a few Americans in Jeddah and am sure there will be quit a few in Dammam area . If you want I will try and see if I can bring you in contact with some of them as soon as I have settled in and connected with some of them .

I am from South Africa by the way and hope to make new friends in Dammam,Al Khobar and Dhahran area myself.  There are a lot of South Africans in that area

Hello...I've just moved here to al ahsa from the u.k. I'm looking to make some English speaking friends..

I'm also looking for an apartment so if anyone knows any good hotels please do get in touch..

Thank you

I am a recent transplant from Indiana to Al Ahsa! I too know the feeling of not knowing anyone. Feel free to get in touch with me! -new to the desert

There is an apartment in Al Ahsa, its near Tamimi and Jarir. Very spacious apartment. I can give you the contact number of the Landlord if youre interested.

voxsmartix wrote:

Hi Everyone

Thanks

There is an apartment in Al Ahsa, its near Tamimi and Jarir. Very spacious apartment. I can give you the contact number of the Landlord if youre interested. Its not really a western compound but its a good place as it is near to the supermarkets and other shops. Also a coffee shop is opening soon in the vicinity.

Hi there! I'm from the US and have been here for 8 was now.   You can write me at **************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : email address removed for your own security

Jess. It can get lonely here. I bike a lot and drive around khobar getting to know it. Feel free to write me

@ Tigger52 > Just to inform you that since one year, the OP Jess didn't showed up. :(

If you wish to meet americans, i invite you to create a new thread on the Dammam forum. The active members will be able to see your post and to communicate with you more easily.

Best regards

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi tuttifruitti,
Are you still in alahsa? How is your experience? How much is it for a house ,3 bedrooms in a safe compound? If there's  no compound, how much is apartment in a building with good security?
Really appreciate  your help & thanks in advance

Greetings!

I am new to KSA, living in Dammam. I would love to meet new people.

Thank you.
CM

Hi. My name is Matt. I'm an expat from the U.S. living in Khobar.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum.

I'm a little ways away in Jubail but would love to make connections seeing as Dammam isn't too far from here!

I live in Alahssa with my husband, my son, and our two dogs, we're looking for friends, we can't find any family here!!!!

Im American... from Texas... too bad I am not over in your neck of the woods because I could really use some friends too...

hi can u contact with me
on xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well, I am English language instructor currently working in all ahsa, looking for  a an american friend, my e mail is [email protected]. and what's up no is zero five nine seven nine zero three one double two.

Kamran84, I am surrounded by non Americans, so there is no need to search them out on here. It's nice when alone in a foreign country to have some people from your own country, culture, and background with whom you can relate. But thanks for your unnecessary advice. And just a suggestion for you...be careful with calling people "dear". That can come across as quite condescending to an American. Just a suggestion...

For the rest of you, I apologize for disappearing. I was having no luck and just gave up. I was bombarded with messages from locals which is not what I joined this site for. If still looking to connect and are a westerner, feel free to message me!

Hi I m not American but I love to hangout and explor the KSA . I m from Pakistan . If you are interested contact me ***

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

Good luck to have  new friends

Hello Jess.
We are looking for Friends here in alahsa since we can't find people who can share a little bit of our interesting in this country.
I am an artist, and my husband is a writer, he is senior producer at king Faisal university, in the television.
We have boy (10 months old), 4 fur babies, two dogs and two cats.
Have a nice day.

Hi Jess,
I am about to sign a six month contract to work over there. I am from SF originally but have been living in Rock my Mtn west for the last 15 hrs. They say I will be either in Dahran or Al Hasa.  Found lots of info about Dhahran but less about ARAMCO compound at Al Hasa.

Have been put in touch w a few people over there but only men so far and I am sure my experience and a female physician will be different.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

wish you all the best of luck.

In Dahran there are many Americans

Hi, i aint an american, i have quality in making friendship and having a fun time

Hello EtbaanSadique,

As this is an old thread, you could create a new one on the Dammam forum and if you are still looking for friends, I would advise you to join the Dammam expat network where you will be able to meet new people  :)

Alexia
Expat.com Team