On holiday to Namibia

:)  hi there, I read the previous blog about moving to Namibia with your pets and it seems like quite a process?

My family is travelling via car from South Africa to Namibia in August for a holiday of 10 days,  and we would love to bring our yorkie with us, what I am worried about is the quarantine, is this necessary for pets that are on holiday with you, I cannot bear to have my yorkie go into quarantine, she is my baby and needs to be constantly with me as much as I need to be with her!!.  I would love to know what documentation is necessary, what are the requirements through the border post at Noord Oewer? Do I still have to take her to a state vetenerian in Namibia as well? Any information here would be most appreciated!! thankyou

HI There

We moved to Namibia with our Sausage dog and it is very easy to take them over the border,

There is no quarantine at all.

Just take your dog to your vet 7 days before you leave, get them to fill out the forms and stamp them. then take the forms to the state vet and they will stamp them and you are ready to go!

You will need to make an appointment at the state vet near you and do a deposit into there bank account. i have the forms if you would like me to email them to you just send me your email address.

We travelled from joburg through botswana into namibia, with no hassles , no one even looked at the dog.

Not sure about going back though you will have to check with your state vet.

Kerry

kerry, you are a life saver, please please email those forms to me, my e-mail address is [email protected] i was told they also have to have a rabies injection older than 30 days prior to 11 months, , taking her to the vet tomorrow, will get her yearly innoculation dewormed ect, and then as you say again 7 days before, i also read something about having to submit an application to namibia , requesting permission at least 3 days prior to entry?? am totally stressed out , cannot imagine going on holiday without my baby!!