Looking for English Teaching job in Abu Dhabi

Hello all.

I'm currently looking for an English teaching job in Abu Dhabi and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a Teaching Certificate back in the UK. I have a BA in Law and a TELF certificate. I've been teaching English in Chengdu China since January 2013.

My girlfriend has been working in Abu Dhabi for Etihad for almost 6 months, which is why I am looking to relocate. However I'm finding it difficult to find many vacancies I would be suitable for, given I lack the teaching certificate.

If you are or know any current/former ESL teachers in the UAE I would be grateful for any information on how you found your job, or for any tips to help me in my own search.

Thanks for reading, Harry

Have you applied through ADEC, the Abu Dhabi Education Council? They are responsible for all the public schools in abu dhabi.

Agree have a look at ADEc and see what they have to offer, I'm not sure exactly what qualifications you will need but you have the experience so maybe. I would also advise coming to visit your girlfriend here in Abu Dhabi and literally walking into the schools themselves to see if they have any vacancies, it doesn't hurt to try, all they can do is say no.

Hope you find what you are looking for  :)

Kareem14, no offence but we are talking English teacher, not arabic!