I searching for information and some advices about life in Canada

He there,
I'd like to try living in an other country and I think Canada could be a good place.
I just wanted to know how is the people there with south american foreigners. I mean if canadian people if friendly and if is too difficult to find a job.
Im actually working as a ejective secretary but Im open to work as any other office job. And what about cost? Is it too expensive living in Canada?
Could you please give me some advices
Thanks  :)

Hello Melina,

Yes, Canadians are very warm and friendly toward South American visitors. Much more so than toward other nationalities (sad to say that there is a bit of discrimination to some foreign nationalities nowadays). You'll have no problems making friends and fitting in wherever you decide to settle.

Depending on where you settle finding a job can be difficult. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have been the top 3 destinations for newcomers to Canada for decades and they are saturated. Finding work in those cities is going to be a nightmare since you'll be competing for every vacancy not only with all the other newcomers to the country, but also all the unemployed local residents. I would really recommend that you think seriously about Alberta (Calgary or Edmonton) where there is better economic growth and there are lots of jobs available in every area of work, not just for skilled workers and professionals.

The cost of living in Canada is very high, but then too so are the wages. Minimum wage in Canada is $10.25 per hour and most jobs pay more than that. Calgary and Edmonton are also going to be less expensive in terms of cost of living than the other three cities I've mentioned.

For information and to apply for a visa visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website, fill out the online information and see if you qualify for a visa.

www.cic.gc.ca/english

There are two job search sites that are pretty good and you may want to try them out:

www.monster.ca               and            www.workopolis.com

Just type in the name of the city/province and see what interests you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hi l live in canada . Its a good country . If you decide to come to Canada. Don't go to Quebec said unless you speak French

Hello,

Canada job is really very very difficult who is out of Canada at this moment. You can continue live and work with your family member if you married or with child. Canada government every year encourage people apply for immigration visa by 67 points pass marks. They follow your education, work experience, age, profession, IELTS .Please do not send any money for, job, work permit. You can Canadian government Citizen and immigration  Canada or if you wish you can mail me, can give some suggestions.   [email protected]

Many south americans in Montreal, you will love it!