Meet new friends in Amsterdam

Hi one and all,

I'm moving to Amsterdam for a business study for 4 years and I would like to meet new friends. Building a network makes life in a city like Amsterdam more fun and interesting. I know from experience it can be very difficult. I know dutch so maybe I can be of help in some cases.

Grtz Karl  :)

Hi Karl,

Welcome on board to this site and welcome in the Netherlands.

Good luck with your study.

Hi there

I am relocating to Amsterdam in June and am also looking to meet new people and make some friends. Which area of Amsterdam will you be living in - shall we meet up for a drink sometime?

Might be a nice idea. I'm looking for an apartement too starting the first of Juli or August.

Grtz Karl

Have you tried Kamernet.nl - its most rooms available but you might be able to find something temporary while you look for the right thing.

Currently doing that. Traveling there and back to see one room or app is just a bit silly. I'm staying with family in the east at the moment. But it'll be okay. You already found a place?

I have found a place but am in the process of finalizing the contract and these can sometimes be a bit unpredictable. What I have found to be quite effective is to line up sort of 4 appointments and then go through for one full day. Otherwise try book a room on airbnb.com for 2 nights.

Where are you gonna be studying? Are you registered as a foreign student i.e. are you American with no EU citizenship? If so, then I would suggest trying to get something as close to your campus as possible? You should then look at buying a bike - you can search for a page on Facebook called second hand bikes in Amsterdam or something like this. What course are you gonna be doing?

Tnz for your feedback! Well, I have a dual citizinship and that makes it a lot easier on me with regard to tuition for instance. The problem vs getting an app through a housing company is actually precisely that: making appointments on a specific day. But by luck I got in touch with someone who is related to my current house owner so I'll wait a moment before getting all these costs and stuff.

I'm starting International business and Management which is a study at the University of Applied Sciences in Amsterdam. It's the only study in the Netherlands which is parttime so I'm really happy to have found it and can enroll. What neighborhood are you going to rent your app in? You already have a job in Amsterdam or still headhunting?

That's fantastic - yeah if you have Dutch citizenship you can get either free/discount on public transport and so that really helps. I also have dual citizenship - my mom is Dutch. I also came over about 3 years ago to study here. Did my masters in International Economics and Business.

I already have a job and am looking at an apartment as close to my office as possible - which is a little bit south of the city. I'm looking just east of De Pijp - not sure if you know where I am talking about. Its perfect location for me.

And yourself?

Hi, I Also live in Amsterdam, we can hangout with other expats if you choose. Pluse there is a business network matching event on the 3rd of October. Interested, pls reply .thanks