FIFA WORLD CUP 2014

Hi, my name is Charlie.
I am a journalist for GulfWeekly newspaper in Bahrain and am writing a story about the FIFA World Cup 2014.
Ive been tasked with tracking down an expat representative (currently living in Bahrain) from each country playing in the World Cup and getting a few comments about their predictions.
I know weve never met and this may sound a little odd, but Id love to get your opinion. Your comments will appear in the newspaper and you get to show your patriotism!

I'm looking for people from Colombia, Greece, Cote D'Ivoire, Japan, Uruguay, Costa Rica and Italy. If you meet the criteria, please drop me a message with answers to the following ...

What is your name, age and occupation?
Who do you predict will be playing in the final?
How do you think your country will do and why?
Who is your favourite player and why?
Also, I need a profile picture of you (preferably wearing your team colours) to go alongside your comments.
If youre willing to help, Id really appreciate it. If not, thanks for your time anyway.
Best regards,
Charlie Holding

Hello charlieinbahrain,

Welcome to Expat-Blogs...............

Regards,
Anil

Is this a kind of free lottery?? :o  But he wants some other bulls... instead of our bank account no.. :P

Nope, no catch at all. Just looking for someone from Ivory Coast for a short interview. No exchange of funds or bank details, just words, which will appear in the country's leading English language weekly paper ... gulfweekly.com

Mal the Gulf Weekly is a good paper (not as good as the Gulf Daily) but it is legit.

They have a column written by a female expat who lives in a big house in Bahrain. Biggest load of tosh I've ever read in my life and totally useless (and very, very snobby) BUT this article is real so if you can oblige then please do

Yes, Mal. Fully endorse what. Josnuggles says. The Gulf Weekly is indeed a respected publication.

And Jo... I am going to look for that weekly column you are talking about. Would love to read what the good lady writes about. :)

Ha ha, let me know how you get on. It's seriously a waste of ink and newspaper space.

Congrats on being an "expert" by the way. I put your name forward to the Expat.com team maybe 10 months or so back. Glad they listened, you are indead an expert :-)

Josnuggles wrote:

Ha ha, let me know how you get on. It's seriously a waste of ink and newspaper space.

Will certainly do :)

Josnuggles wrote:

Congrats on being an "expert" by the way. I put your name forward to the Expat.com team maybe 10 months or so back. Glad they listened, you are indead an expert :-)

I know you played a big part in this, Jo! Thanks a lot for the thumbs up and support right along. Expat-Blog has been a great learning experience for me. And I have made so many great friends.

I have read that column, it is hilarious ! It's screaming out for a new writer !

I hate football

I am more into ......... curling

it's a great sport to watch.. really

I wish there is a fifa world cup for curling

anyone else into curling?

I know most people in Saudi Arabia are passionate about football. But pleasantly surprised that you are interested in curling, Nawafo. I have watched it a few times and it is certainly good to watch.

Farhaz wrote:

I know most people in Saudi Arabia are passionate about football. But pleasantly surprised that you are interested in curling, Nawafo. I have watched it a few times and it is certainly good to watch.

yes Indeed :)

what of a person from NIGERIA?