Baby Strollers -- MACLEARN -- RIYADH

Dear Expats,
Assalamu Alaikum/ Good Morning,

I would like to now where I can buy mclaren  baby strollers in Riyadh (ideally) or in Saudi.

Thanks in advance

Centerpoint and MotherCare.

By the way, for your info, it is "Maclaren".

Trapezius wrote:

Centerpoint and MotherCare.

By the way, for your info, it is "Maclaren".

Whats so special about this stroller ,does it goes as fast as the car  :joking:

Haha LOL, it depends on who is pushing it! ;)

It is a British high quality brand, and how it started is really special:

Owen Maclaren, a former test pilot and aeronautical engineer, adapted his work from the Spitfire fighter plane to create a smarter stroller; one that could provide his granddaughter with comfort and safety without being cumbersome and heavy.  His 1965 design and patent was the start of Britains most famous line of umbrella strollers.

By the way, the car company is "McLaren" :)

Trapezius wrote:

Haha LOL, it depends on who is pushing it! ;)

It is a British high quality brand, and how it started is really special:

Owen Maclaren, a former test pilot and aeronautical engineer, adapted his work from the Spitfire fighter plane to create a smarter stroller; one that could provide his granddaughter with comfort and safety without being cumbersome and heavy.  His 1965 design and patent was the start of Britains most famous line of umbrella strollers.

By the way, the car company is "McLaren" :)

hmmm...interesting the way i thought was that ''Maclaren" the baby stroller was some knockoff of the "'Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren"and to prevent the patented name infringement it changed to Maclaren until now  :whistle:  well it has some rich history for a mere baby stroller.
Quote of the day "Never judge a book by its cover"

"mere baby stroller"???!!!  :P

Just like with pretty much any product, you will find strollers with high tech materials and mechanisms, costing in the thousands!  And that's dollars, not riyals  :o

Trapezius wrote:

"mere baby stroller"???!!!  :P

Just like with pretty much any product, you will find strollers with high tech materials and mechanisms, costing in the thousands!  And that's dollars, not riyals  :o

:o what is world does it need to have high tech materials and mechanisms in a baby stroller, "as the name suggests STROLLER " all you have to do is push the damn cart and ok lets not forget all the safety breaks in cases of reckless moms but Thousands of dollar,am not buying this  :unsure

Haha!

Well those are the top end ones.  Most strollers cost in the $150 to $500 range.  Plus, there is a difference in a stroller for a 3 year old (usually called "push chairs"), and one for a newborn baby.  The ones for toddlers are light, fold to nothing, and can be carried easily, and are of course cheaper.  The ones for the newborns are bigger, heavier, not that easy to carry, still big when folded, and come with many optional attachments and seating/sleeping arrangements.  Those are more expensive, in the $400 to $1,000 range easily, but some are crazy expensive, $1,000 to $2,500+

And there are also jogging strollers and all-terrain strollers, which have large rubber tires!  Do a google image search using those words... they look awesome!

Trapezius wrote:

Haha!

Well those are the top end ones.  Most strollers cost in the $150 to $500 range.  Plus, there is a difference in a stroller for a 3 year old (usually called "push chairs"), and one for a newborn baby.  The ones for toddlers are light, fold to nothing, and can be carried easily, and are of course cheaper.  The ones for the newborns are bigger, heavier, not that easy to carry, still big when folded, and come with many optional attachments and seating/sleeping arrangements.  Those are more expensive, in the $400 to $1,000 range easily, but some are crazy expensive, $1,000 to $2,500+

And there are also jogging strollers and all-terrain strollers, which have large rubber tires!  Do a google image search using those words... they look awesome!

Indeed they do look awesome,but i am sorry i just lost my enthusiasm because of our other friend . :|

Well, it's your fault... you are being highly aggressive... I can feel your aggressiveness through my laptop screen!  :joking:

Sorry about our 'friend'  :|

Trapezius wrote:

Well, it's your fault... you are being highly aggressive... I can feel your aggressiveness through my laptop screen!  :joking:

Sorry about our 'friend'  :|

:blink: well what can i do, its a sensitive topic for me and very close to my heart.i admit am a little be cranky today  :P

Nah dude, you are fine... I was joking about you being aggressive  :D

Trapezius wrote:

Nah dude, you are fine... I was joking about you being aggressive  :D

:lol: well better said then done

Hi Trapezius,

Thanks for the information, I will try to check Mothercare and Centerpoint but I really doubt that I will find what I need.

Hi Djzubaid,

Thanks for your enthusiasm , keep it up.

Maclaren Volvo Stroller: I am very much interested in buying this one as this one has fantastic reviews, the price is only 150usd  (570sar) around on amazon or ebay (for new one). I read reviews that people are using it for 4 to 6 years and one UK person bought used Volvo stroller for 10 pounds only and he said that " these were the best 10 pounds he ever spend"

http://www.mumsnet.com/reviews/pushchai … laren-volohttp://www.shopmaclarenbaby.com/Volo/MV … e#start=1.

Issue:

I really doubt (based on my internet search and my past experience when I was searching for stroller for my first boy in Riyadh) that I will find maclaren brand or this specific stroller here. I am thinking to buy it online like from amazon or ebay and then ship it here using shopandship service by aramex. The price of volvo stroller will be 570sar and 475sar is the shipping cost so that would be 1000 sar around.

I am thinking is it really worth it ? ( keep in mind that it has a very good durability and parents are reporting that they are using it for 4 to 6 years). Lets say 4 years.

Do anyone one is their any way where I can buy it online and ship it cheap ( total shipping weight is 13.4 pounds).

Appreciate more comments and help.

I am sorry for wrong spelling.

Is there a mama's and papas store in Riyadh? Try there. It has seems to have some of the more higher end products

Hi Abumousa,

You will definitely find the Maclaren brand in MotherCare and/or CenterPoint, I have seen it myself.  Whether you find that particular model or not, you will have to check.

And yes, there is also Mamas & Papas in Saudi, so you can check there as well.  Check online which malls they have their stores in.

As for ordering online, if it can be used for 3-4 years, I would say SR. 1,000 is worth, especially since it can also be taken when traveling.  However, you can check on www.mumzworld.com which is based in UAE.  Shipping is free for items up to 10 kg!  If they don't have the one you are looking for, see if you can find something else.

Good luck!

Hi Trapezius,

I bought from Mothercare inside Sahara Mall. I bought Maclrean Triumph as they had only this option available and price is reasonable.

Thanks for your help.

Great, as long as you (and more importantly, your child) are happy with it! :happy:

Visit a website called mumzworld.com. They have it + 100 strollers and they deliver free in ksa

Thanks a lot, I did that but it was not available and I contacted them and they a confirmed that they source it for me but they price they were asking was 3 times the price I bought it from Here in Riyadh.

My first experience is that this website is expensive