Help! I desperately need advice about my final exit visa.

Greetings:

After over ten years in Saudi Arabia, I am leaving. However, my employer doesnt have a great reputation when it comes to paying out severance pay. They have been known to give people a quick final exit visa (like 72 hours) and tell those people that the check (e.g., final indemnity and/or overtime) would be in the mail. If these people did eventually receive their monies, I have no idea. However, this was back in the day when they, HR, held our passports. Now, they, Administration, not HR, have in the past few years let us keep our passports (why I have no idea). Based on this, my plan was quite simple. I would hold onto my passport until I got all my money. In fact, I even told HR a few weeks ago that my passport was at the Embassy for processing. They didnt like that at all and they told me somewhat angrily to get it back from the Embassy as quickly as possible! Based on this, I really thought I could hold onto my passport until all of final money was deposited into my bank account. After this, I would give HR my passport and exit the Kingdom as gracefully as possible.

However, today I was speaking to Pakistani-American colleague who is also leaving. He told me that the Ministry of the Interior/the Passport Office can now issue your final exit visa to your employer without your passport. He told me that everything vis-à-vis the Passport Office is now on-line. The employer brings up your MOI file, presses one button, and presto, the system issues your final exit visa. He figures that the guy at HR perhaps doesnt understand the system yet, but when he does, he will issue our final exit visas so fast, that our heads will spin. However, he told me next that he at least cant be issued a final exit visa without his passport so quickly because he has a car and he doesnt plan to sell his car until he has all his money. According to him, our employer cant issue him his final exit visa until he sells his car. Unfortunately, in my case, I dont have a car. My colleague has advised me to run up my credit card from Riyadh Bank as quickly as possible. He tells me that if I have a debt (bigger the better) on my credit card, my employer cant issue me my final exit visa. With a big credit card debt, they would have to wait, according to my colleague, until I paid it off to issue me my final exit visa. However, is this true? Also, everyone tells me, except for my Pakistani-American colleague of course, that HR still needs my passport to issue me my final exit visa. The MOI/Passport Office on-line system is brand new (I think) so does anyone understand how this new system works. Basically, who is right here?

Please note that I am a bit paranoid about using my credit card in the way my colleague has advised me. I only got it to rent cars and book hotel rooms. I have never run up any debt on it because I have never wanted to run up any debt in Saudi Arabia. However, now I am told to run it up to the max. Frankly, I dont know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading my posting and I look forward to reading your replies.

I don't know all the details but here is some things I do know.

Your company may provide you with an exit visa but:
1) You will be stopped by immigration if you still own a car.  If the car is still registered to you when you present your exit permit for final stamp at passport control then you will be refused exit.
2) You will be stopped by immigration if you still have money owing on your credit card. Credit cards take up to 45 days to close so make sure you do that right away.  You do this over the phone, not through the bank, so don't wait.  That should be your first call when you resign or are terminated.
3) Your company can issue your exit visa on-line. This implies that they do NOT need your passport (just the number).
4) You will need to sign a paper to state that all your dues (eg wages; end of service etc) have been paid and that you have no future claim on the company. Do not sign this until you have been paid in full. Every ex-pat site you find will tell you that under no circumstances must you do this as you have no legal recourse to anything once you have signed. Up to that point the employer faces heavy fines if they fail to make the full payments
5) It looks like you must surrender your (and your family) Iqama to the passport office before you leave. Se this exert from the Arab news Jan 2014:
"Residents and private sector firms routinely make use of the online visa services to process their workers re-entry and final-exit visas.[/color] An immigration official from King Khaled International Airport in Riyadh said that obtaining a final exit visa alone does not qualify an expatriate worker to leave the country for good. Our system should show that his residency permit (iqama), which is an official government document, is returned to the regional passport department to enable authorities to send the person from the airport , he said.
A teacher from a prestigious school in Riyadh was turned back last week for not surrendering their iqama to the Passports Department despite having their final-exit visa issued online. The teacher had already checked into the airlines reservation system and his baggage was also sent to the flight.
It was a bad experience. It took a lot of time to retrieve my baggage and I had to wait another week to return home, he told Arab News."

Final exit expired, iqama expired, can I take transfer with new sponsor?

I have same problem. Can anyone give any advice?