Cost of Living in Kuwait

[Moderated]

hey dave,

depends what job it is and what state in the US it is either, as salaries vary so much from state to state. Furthermore, in the US, no one will give you a house plus you have to pay tax on those $50,000... not to mention not much vacation leave at all, not much public holidays to speak of,  and expected to take your laptop home with you and work after hours and weekends as well.

Hi dear all,
          i got one offer from Kuwait as a Software engineer of an  of salary 700KD/month is that is salary is ok ? to stay at there .

How is the city like ?

How is the bachelor accommodation rate and how is the food and travel facility at there

what is cost of living there?

PLease guide to me.

Thanks!
Maheswar

I am from Coimbatore looking for the opportunity. The company in Kuwait is offering me a 600 KD and for own car(75 KD per month as allowanc) and single BHK accomodation for the family.Can I accept this offer. I am willing to take my wife and daughter with me 1.5 yr old. Can I accept this offer. Please suggest.

HI TO ALL,

I GOT A PACKAGE OFFER 700KD/ MONTH FOR A QC CIVIL ENGINEER WITH 8 YEARS EXPERIENCED IN CONSTRUCTION AT KHARAFI NATIONAL.
1. IS THIS THE RIGHT OFFER FOR ENGINEERS THERE IN KUWAIT?
2. WHAT WILL BE MY SAVINGS THERE?

RIGHT NOW, I AM WORKING HERE IN SAUDI ARABIA AND HAVE A SAVINGS MONTHLY ABOUT 417KD/ PER MONTH. IS THE OFFER ABOVE REALISTIC TO GO THERE RATHER THAN CONTINUE WORKING HERE AT SAME POSITION?

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS SOON.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Try this website for cost of living numbeo.com

Hello lorene02 -> Can you please lower your caps lock so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello

Frnds I got a offer in kwait my salary is 1000 kd please give the leaving expanses transpoet, house rent, foos details

I am moving to Kuwait as a Catering manager later in the year, on a salary of 1200 Kd. Not sure of site area yet.

Questions :

- Are bonusŽs regularly paid, or is it just a honey trap?
- Is it normal for a large company to provide health insurance to itŽs managers?
- Can you use the local health serivce as a expat? Is it expensive?
- Are mobiles normally given to managers are a matter of course?
- What are the costs of flights to Dubai/Bahrain?
- What paperwork do you need to have to go to Dub/Bah for 1/2 days?

Ok, if you can answer all this.....you are officially...a genius!!

Thanks

E

Hi Stumpy

I checked out that site. Once you get to grips with it, it is pretty amazing. There is SO much data at the touch of a button. Damn good, well done.

Looking to be there in Nov. Just in time for the rugby season to start!!

Cheers (though not sure if I can say that there!!)

Eoin

hi yall,
i have been offered a job in the ministry of defence in kuwait in 1 of their hospitals. the salary is around 1200 KD, they havent mentioned about accomodation or other benefits.
i would like to know if this salary is sufficient for the 3 of us.
will i get to save much?
if i am not offered free accomodation how much would it cost for a decent 2 bed room apartment?
also, monthly expensive as food?, transportation?,electricity?,mobile ?,

hi Zahier,

Did you manage to negotiate your salary with Al Shaya, or did they offer you 1800 in the beginning?

If you negotiated, was it after your written offer, or before a written offer from Al Shaya?

Also, would you tell us what management grade level you were offered.

I'm asking this because they offered me 1450 at grade 12. I'm not sure if that is okay? They seem very averse to negotiation at the moment.

I also have 2 children of school going age.

Hi, I am a Mechanicak engineer with 8 yrs xp in oil sector. I have an offer from a govt oil company with a lumpsum 1470 KD (all Iinclusive). I have a wife and 2 children to support. One child is school going - 1st class and second child is only 6 months old.

Following are my preferences:
1. 2 bed unfurished house
2. Good indian school to join my first child
3. Occasional eating out with decent life style
4. Own a second hand car

Can u pl suggest whether I shd accept this offer..

Hi friends,

I got this offer of 900kd as salary.
I am moving in alone. Will look at sharing an appartment.

Will this salary allow me to save?

Thanks

Sajan

Hi All,

I am Sajan from Mumbai. I have been offered a job for 900KD. I am moving in alone. I will be working in Avenues mall in one of the upcoming restaurant. I will be needing a place to stay which is closer to mall.

Is this salary good for me to save? I will be having my meals from the restaurant i work.

Please advise

thanks

sajan

Hi Friends,

Im Want Work as Graphic Designer in Kuwait.
So Any one can help me Regarding Graphic Designer Job

Pls Let me know if you have any Vacancy for Graphic Designer in any one of Company.

Thanks

hi everyone,
I am looking forward to move in Al-salmiya Kuwait
very soon.
I got offer of 460 KWD per month with food ,
accommodation and local transportation.
could you tell me , Is there possible to get indian
vegeterian food in kuwait? If yes then how much
it costs for dinner?
How much have to spend for loundry?

[Moderated: pls post your resume in the Graphic designer job offers in Kuwait section]

dear sir i living in kuwait which salary in per month
please help me

my email id  [email protected]
plese reply me.

Hi there am new to this forum.i want to ask whether this package suits Me .I am married and I have new born baby please advise if I can live normal life and save some money.

BASIC SALARY FOR 8HOURS DUTY            = 360.000KD
1 HOUR ALLOWANCE MONTHLY FOR EXTRA WORK =  50.000KD
HOUSE ALLOWANCE                         =  50.000KD
FRIDAY WORKING FOR FULL MONTH           =  40.000KD
                            TOTAL       = 500.000KD

dear friends
my doughter is going to kuwait for a tennis tournament for 5 days how much I have to give her for her eating costs and transfering

Hi Friends
I am an Indian and an engineer with 1 year full time experience so can i got the job in Kuwait. and up to how much salary i got.
Also like to know its good to working over their any harassment or problem in Kuwait.

i got an opportunity , for 600 dinar . in kuwait for  Software ?

Is that good Amount to stay over there. with all am unities room ,  food and Transportation cost   

I am a 3 years Experience guy ..

They said its negotiable i am planning to ask them for 1200 dinar .. please suggest me on that too .

Hello everyone,
let me know if you think a salary of 800kd is enough for a decent life of a 3-member family? My husband also intends to find a job for 500-900kd, but until he does, 800 is what we have on our hands.
Thanks 4 ur replies :)

Yes, it should get you through, unless your child needs to go to school.

Pozdrav. :)

Thx 4 your reply, no, my kid's not starting school for the next 4 years, and by then, we should be a bit better off than in the very beginning, I guess :)
Pozdrav ;)

There is one major problem that may be a deal breaker for you: you as a wife cannot sponsor your husband as a dependent. :( There is some info floating around saying that there are exceptions, but even then it is a major pain.

I am called for  an interview with KNPC  direct hire engineer job (18 years experience). If selected, what should be the minimum salary at which I should accept? Pl advise.

Hi,

I have an opportunity with one reputed MNC with indian fixed salary and on deputation to Kuwait for long term (18 months). They will be offering me 40$ per diem as an compensation. Accommodation + Travel to office + insurance will + fly back will be taken care by company.

I would like to know is this a good deal to take decision along with my family with the objective of saving money end of the day.

Of course I am trying to negotiate on per diem to 50-55$ which comes around 400KD per month, so Is my indian salary which is almost 15 lack + 400 KD in kuwait is the best compensation to move on.

Kindly suggest.

400 .... Don't come to Kuwait, with or without your family.

How much shall ask for along with my Indian salary then?

400 KD with no housing? Not worth the trouble.

i wanted to know about Al Sager Industries company, how much salary would they offer for a project manager of 14 years of experience

Hiii
Any one can tell me please
I got a job in ugc-electrical and company gives salary 140 kwd with accommodation,medical,transportation can you tell me its good or not.
I have completed b.tech in mechanical engineer and i have 1 year exp. in india . This company good for me plz tell me

email:[email protected]
Please Reply

HEY man.. read THE ABOVE POSTS!!!!

people need to stop asking this question, it is extremely irritating  :offtopic:

Yawn.....try reading, newbies!

Hi,
it will be tough but it mostly depends on where you eat, how much you eat out. Keep in mind that everything in Kuwait is imported so the price is higher then in places like Europe for clothing etc. However, the food, which is also imported, in supermarkets is of good quality and if you like to cook you should be ok. in Kuwait, per my albeit limited experience,the further north you go in the country the more expensive it is.

Hi,

I just got a offer in Kuwait as an accountant for 350 KD pm.

Is it good to survive. I am single.

It is good to survive, but not more than that.