Plan to move to Maldives for work

Hi,
I'm planning of moving to Maldives to work. I like to know more about the living expenses, social and work environments. Which is the best internet service provider?

Anyone knows about Kurumba Maldives resort? Is it a good place to work?

I would also like to know what is the 'service charge' + base salary. How do they calculate the service charge?

Thanks heaps for your replies.

Ku rumba is the first resort that was open in Maldives. Since then I think it's rebuilt twice. It's a reputed resort with an established management. It's the closest resort to capital City Male and Airport as well. This makes life very convenient should want to visit to city or airport or Hulhu Male. Social life in the resort depends on your job. If you are on top management level perhaps you get a chance to mingle with house guests and entertain them as get entertained in hotel facilities such as bar restaurants and sports. Otherwise you can also have your social life limited to among staff facilities.
In Male, capital city social life is again limited. Depending on your friend circle it can be made interesting. There isn't much night life apart from restaurants for dinner and coffee. No bars or alcoholic beverages are allowed in any island with local populations. Alchohol is only sold in resorts, airport hotel and safari boats.

Salary again depends on your job, it can vary from 200$ to 1500$ and more if you are in top top management. Average salaries may be in the range of 7 or 800$??? I guess. It can vary from resort to resort. Service charge usually is 10% on all service bills and divided among all staff. However individual tips are yours earned.

That's all in my mind right now.

Thanks Makhma  :)

Are you a local or you have been working in the Maldives?

I am local with tourism background as well.

Resorts will take care of accommodation and food. In most cases there will be ferry to Male City free. So living resorts will be cheap.mif you are living in Male it's not cheap. Single room apaprtment will cost about 500$ a month. Most average restaurants will be about $10 - 15 a meal / lunch or dinner. Electricity and water in Male will be additional expenses. However in resorts for staff this will be again free.

2 main internet providers Dhiraag and Ooredoo. A lot of resorts have wifi that staff can access free?? Otherwise you can take deal of your choice. Check websites of service providers for deals suitable. Viber is a good application for free calls and for texting world wide. )

Hi im from philippines i have plan to work to maldives to how and where i can apply to work maldives!! ?

Sun Air Maldives or Sea world Maldives, both are reputed employment agencies.

If you send your CV to my inbox I can check with some org as well.
makhma (at) gmail

Hi am interested in teaching , I'm an esl teacher with 10 years experience in china, am also  an entertainer of dance and teacher of Latin dance.   
Is there is any work for this profession?