Traveling to Nouakchott, Mauritania

This will be my first time traveling to this country, is it a good place USA foreigners? How is transportation at the airport; If do no speak any French or Hassaniyya.  How are the prices at the hotels.

hi, my name sidi mohamed, mauritania is more oless good place to work and live. the shatul from the transport is about 3 dollars, the people dont speak inglish, onlly french and local dialogs.
and the hotel prices is about 40 dollars.

:D thank you for the info sidi Mohamed.

Hi Enigmafriend,

I am an American that has been living here for about 4 years. I didn't come here speaking any French or English but I have learned a little through the years. You can make it. It might be a little hard at first but it can be done. While I hadn't had the time or the chance for a tutor I would suggest that you find a French tutor soon after you get here.

I have not found any issues from being American here. People are very friendly.

The language bit is good news! We're coming with some languages under our belts but neither French nor Arabic are among them! I've tried to convince my daughter that I'll learn the French and she the Arabic but she seems to be against that idea! I look forward to meeting up with some of you soon!