Favourite Indonesian Foods

Indonesia has a very diverse selection of foods with some of the most tasty and occasionally strange foods I have experienced in Asia (my personal favourite is Nasi Padang). Therefore please feel free to upload any food pictures and recommendations on good restaurants and eat places.

Nasi goreng at the Cafe Lotus in Ubud, Bali - the nasi goreng is under the fried egg :)

Sate Ayam, cooked over charcoal, eaten near the beach at Lovina in Bali

Tempe goreng and sayur lodeh, home cooking!

Hi Mike  !!! nice thread. Unfortunately I could not  taste Indonesia Food.  :nothappy:  I am a vegetarian and hardly eat outside. I am allergic to Indonesian Minyak goreng too. May be Cooking Oils  are mix with some non vegetarian fats. I can not even eat Pizza from Pizza Hut too... reason  its cheese. I wish I could enjoy Indonesian Cuisine.

Looks nice!

jjjd wrote:

Looks nice!

Yes! 非常好吃 (it's delicious)

Hi, have you try Gado-gado and Ketoprak? Nice mixed vegetables with peanut sauce, original dishes from Jakarta. Other recommended food you might try Rujak which like Gafo-gado or Ketoprak but instead of vegetables this is a mixed fruits with peanut sauce. You can have sweet or hot taste. I am sorry not having picture to show.

Ayam Sisit, eaten at Cafe Lotus in Ubud, Bali

Sate ayam with lontong, eaten behind Gedung Sate in Bandung

Lontong sayur labu - home cooking!

tambunandesy wrote:

Hi, have you try Gado-gado and Ketoprak? Nice mixed vegetables with peanut sauce, original dishes from Jakarta. Other recommended food you might try Rujak which like Gafo-gado or Ketoprak but instead of vegetables this is a mixed fruits with peanut sauce. You can have sweet or hot taste. I am sorry not having picture to show.

Yes I really like gado-gado and rujak  :D

hello everyone, I am Anggi and I am new in expat-blog. this is my first post actually, and I want to tell you my Indonesian favourite food is balado daging, fried meat with grounded chilli, tomatoes, and onion. My mom comes from West Sumatra, so she cooks this often. Sometimes she cooks Fish Balado, or chicken or shrimp or squid. basically, you can put anything you like with balado. But it's not a good food to choose if you don't like hot food or food with a lot of chilli.

maybe you can find balado in Rumah Makan Padang around :)

I am not really good in English, so I join this forum to practicing my English and learn more vocabulary. It's nice to see you, guys :)

http://www.epicuriousannie.com/uploads/9/0/0/4/9004476/1397657590.png
Bakso, everyone's favorite ;)

http://www.epicuriousannie.com/uploads/9/0/0/4/9004476/7382978_orig.jpg
Tumpeng, yellow rice with loads of side dishes. Love it!