Smoking kills

but if you don't smoke, that still doesn't mean you'll never die.

Smoking a cigarette reduces life by 5 minutes.
Laughing increases life by 10 minutes.
Conclusion: a laughing smoker never dies

In portuguese you can say Fumar Mata.............
Yes smoking kills and even if you laugh you have die...............death starts from the day of birth itself................but if you smoke you reduce your life,

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Yes smoking kills and even if you laugh you have die...............death starts from the day of birth itself................but if you smoke you reduce your life,

Regards,
Anil

If you die, you can not smoke or laugh

I know that I'm going to get a lot of nasty responses about this, but here goes anyway!

My father, God rest his soul, was not a smoker and never missed a day of work in his life due to sickness. But, 25 years ago he died (at 82 years of age) of a very devastating form of lung cancer that the doctor told us ONLY comes from being exposed to uranium or asbestos. Well my dad didn't work in a nuclear power plant! He worked for the Board of Education in our hometown for his entire adult life. Schools and public buildings were all insulated with asbestos back then. EVERYBODY DIES.

My older brother in now 75, has smoked since he was an adolescent. He's as skinny as a bean pole, no doubt due in a small part to smoking, but other than that has never been sick in his life.

I am 65 years old and have smoked (on and off) since I was a teen. I've quit 7 times and each time was a "non-smoker" for at least a year. Always went back to smoking. After a year one no longer feels so noble saying "no thanks I don't smoke". The only time I've ever seen the inside of a hospital was as a child to get my tonsils removed. I have excellent health like all the males in my family.

I don't smoke indoors (ever) so I don't inflict my smoke on other people. I don't smoke outdoors if there is anyone nearby who is not smoking, I will move far away from them if they're not smoking. If cigarettes haven't killed my older brother yet he's lived a good long life already. If they haven't done me in by now, then I really have nothing to complain about either as far as longevity.

Everybody dies, nobody is able to stop that inexorable march toward the moment of death. That moment can't be cheated and as a fatalist I'm convinced that it has been pre-destined for each of us from before birth. I'm prepared for that.

What I'm not prepared for and won't do is stop living, stop doing the things I like doing because somebody tells me I shouldn't or because THEY think it's bad for me. I've eaten red meat and lots of it all my life despite the fact that people say unless everybody becomes vegetarians they're destroying the world and making themselves sick. I never miss my morning eggs, despite mass hysteria about cholesterol. I drink coffee by the liter, have the occasional glass of wine or bottle of beer with a meal. I don't worry one little bit about any of it, and I don't tolerate anyone lecturing me about the things I do, because after all that's my own business, my choice and I don't inflict MY CHOICES on anybody else, not even my smoking.

I've engaged in risky sports like SCUBA diving and flying and if I die tomorrow, my time was up, it was my day to go... I don't believe one little bit that stopping smoking or anything else for that matter would have moved that moment either forward or backward. If I die tomorrow I'll be ok with that too, because I have LIVED every single moment of my life doing exactly what I enjoy or want to do. I couldn't see living any other way. I actually don't think it would be living if you quit doing everything just because somebody says it might be bad for you or kill you.

Is smoking bad... YOU BET IT IS. Is smoking smart... YOU BET IT'S NOT. I have absolutely no idea just how much of my worldy wealth I've sent up in smoke, but know what? I don't care. I know most smokers are inconsiderate, they don't care if they inflict their second-hand smoke on others, they're oafs and it's because of them that many places now have strict anti-smoking laws. I never inflict my choice on anybody else. So I don't go running around telling people they've got to smoke, and hope they'll stop running around and telling me I've got to stop.

Do us smokers a big favor, JUST BUTT OUT!!!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

wjwoodward wrote:

I know that I'm going to get a lot of nasty responses about this, but here goes anyway!
Do us smokers a big favor, JUST BUTT OUT!!!

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

No it is not a nasty response at all James!!
People have freedom to speak about what they like. Others can say another but no one can try to stop you until you will request them to help you!!

My father in his 83rd years of age went to heaven due to gastro-cirrhosis but by then he was just a social drinker! Whatever happens that depends on God's hand at last!

I never smoked in my life and even other's smoke can make me difficult in breathing (may be some weakness of my lungs) so I can not stay at a smoker!!! But that doesn't mean I avoid smokers... but Sri Lankan guys need not to smoke as it is not a cold country... may be thats why about 80% of guys are not smoking and also it is prohibitted to smoke in public places in Sri Lanka!! :)

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Regards,
Anil

If you die, you can not smoke or laugh

Thats true..........

I hear you mal.... British Columbia, Canada where I lived before and Brazil where I am now have some of the strictest anti-smoking laws in the entire world. Even though I'm a smoker I'm in favor of those law, because nobody should have to suffer because of somebody elses choice, not even mine! That's why I've never smoked around non-smokers and never smoked indoors. RESPECT.

I'm sure if more smokers had respect these kind of laws would be completely unnecessary in the first place.

If I know somebody who wants to drink himself into near-unconsciousness every day, as long as he's not so stupid as to try and drive and put others at risk, if he doesn't go home and start beating on his wife and kids... who am I to say he shouldn't drink. If he wants to kill himself with alcohol that's his own business as long as he isn't going to take some innocent soul along with him.

That's my philosophy anyway!

wjwoodward wrote:

I hear you mal.... British Columbia, Canada where I lived before and Brazil where I am now have some of the strictest anti-smoking laws in the entire world. Even though I'm a smoker I'm in favor of those law, because nobody should have to suffer because of somebody elses choice, not even mine! That's why I've never smoked around non-smokers and never smoked indoors. RESPECT.

I'm sure if more smokers had respect these kind of laws would be completely unnecessary in the first place.

If I know somebody who wants to drink himself into near-unconsciousness every day, as long as he's not so stupid as to try and drive and put others at risk, if he doesn't go home and start beating on his wife and kids... who am I to say he shouldn't drink. If he wants to kill himself with alcohol that's his own business as long as he isn't going to take some innocent soul along with him.

I too a smoker and i too follow the same as you Sir,and really i feel very happy that i have not bothered anyone with this smoking habbit.....and secondly i found a change that i have reduced from chain smoker to half chain smoker.....

Regards,
Anil

I am a reformed smoker and used to smoke a packet of tobacco a day, around 80 smokes a day.
Used to cough up blood and doctor told me I either give up or develop throat cancer so a no brainer as to what to do.

6 months after giving up I found I could actually taste food and enjoy it.

wjwoodward wrote:

We can not judge people or their behaviors... but if you are married you have to give some ease and support to your family.  :) Otherwise where wife and kids should go for help??

Yes you are right i smoke only outside when i am away from my house and when i go home i don't even take cigarette with me ...........like that i reduced most but writing this i feel like smoking ..........time to smoke......

I smoked for a few years while I was in Africa but eventually gave up the habit when I came to Europe. Here so much more of your time is spent indoors in heated rooms and it is not the same as being outdoors or in a well-ventilated house or building. That's over 35 yrs. ago now.

I really appreciate you because quiting drinking alcohol habits is much easy than quiting smoking..........

Regards,
Anil

If it's any consolation to you giving up smoking wasn't easy for me.   
Apparently, it's even more difficult for women to give up smoking.

Yes you are right its really hard work to quite smoking...........some says its will power.......but i tried and failed but now i have decided to keep myself busy with other works or something else than smoking and really its working out.....slowly i reduced it...........

Regards,
Anil

good 1

agree

More irrelevant  one liners from the same guy who is doing the same on other parts of OE. 

Another one probably just trying to rack up the number of posts so he can use the PM section.

Please refrain. Thank you.

aryavrat wrote:

Yes you are right i smoke only outside when i am away from my house and when i go home i don't even take cigarette with me ...........like that i reduced most but writing this i feel like smoking ..........time to smoke......

Time to smoke??? :mad:

El_Jost wrote:

I smoked for a few years while I was in Africa but eventually gave up the habit when I came to Europe. Here so much more of your time is spent indoors in heated rooms and it is not the same as being outdoors or in a well-ventilated house or building. That's over 35 yrs. ago now.

Good job!! Well-done EL!! :kiss:

aryavrat wrote:

Yes you are right its really hard work to quite smoking...........some says its will power.......but i tried and failed but now i have decided to keep myself busy with other works or something else than smoking and really its working out.....slowly i reduced it...........

Regards,
Anil

Like Elwin. Someday you will tell, "Many years ago I used to smoke.. but I stopped and ....!" :D

stumpy wrote:

More irrelevant  one liners from the same guy who is doing the same on other parts of OE. 

Another one probably just trying to rack up the number of posts so he can use the PM section.

YEs I think we must suggest the team to stop this type of non-reverent, one-word messages :|

Yes you are right ,definetly one day i will do that...........

mal wrote:
stumpy wrote:

YEs I think we must suggest the team to stop this type of non-reverent, one-word messages :|

Thanks Stumpy and Mal.............
EB Team must be reading this and will take necessary steps..........

Regards,
Anil

i think smoking isn't enough reason to kill us but it can be one of 1000 reason to kill .

but some time i need it special Shisha  :)

some times our mind is busy we need to forget our problems , alcohol and smoking is a bad way !

Nasim

Still taking shisha is also equivalent to smoking..........
And i am not agree with you in that sometimes our mind is busy,we need to forget our problems......but for that taking alcool or smiing is not good idea even i am a smoker...........

Regards,
Anil

We are talking about shisha too.. honestly, I may agree with you  :shy ... I love shisha too

Do the valued members of this forum have an opinion about the consumption of marijuana?
I hear that in some American states its use is now being liberalised, even for recreational purposes.  :unsure

Handsome1900 wrote:

We are talking about shisha too.. honestly, I may agree with you  :shy ... I love shisha too

Thanks Handsome1900..........atleast this time you have found the time and words to write something more than "good1" and "agree"...........

Regards,
Anil

El_Jost wrote:

Do the valued members of this forum have an opinion about the consumption of marijuana?
I hear that in some American states its use is now being liberalised, even for recreational purposes.  :unsure

I heard much about marijuana but never seen it...........

Regards,
Anil

Or even if u don't smoke, u might kill others!

abasu wrote:

Or even if u don't smoke, u might kill others!

How it is possible?If someone is not smoking is killing others.............

There is such a thing as passive smoking. That is being around smokers and inhaling their secondhand smoke.
And it is medically proven to cause problems.

stumpy wrote:

There is such a thing as passive smoking. That is being around smokers and inhaling their secondhand smoke.
And it is medically proven to cause problems.

I have nothing more to say in the topic- am not a smoker or a passive smoker.. I smoke only the smoke in kitchen. its also make damages to human lungs and brain.

But still you don't like smokers so there must be reason for that ..............so you can say something...............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

But still you don't like smokers so there must be reason for that ..............so you can say something...............

Regards,
Anil

Reality is I dont like to kiss a smoker :joking:

El_Jost wrote:

i don't consume marijuana , yet 

:D but if one day i travel to Netherland or USA ,definitely i use marijuana for   once     :whistle:

Even you can Come to Guinea Conakary..........Marijuana is cheap there..........

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

Regards,
Anil

Reality is I dont like to kiss a smoker :joking:

Then i have to stop smoking...................... :lol:

Meet expats all over the world

OR