Accomodation in Sri Lanka

Finding an accommodation is not a big task in Sri Lanka. Specially in tourist destinations as a traveler you can find a cheaper accommodation for daily/weekly/monthly basis. There are so many small guest houses that are not listed in any sites can be rented easily. Other option is that you can live with a local family renting part of their house while they will do cleaning and washing for you and some will offer you foods too.  Many locals own extra houses to be rent.

So when or if you will visit in Sri Lanka as a backpacker it is better not to book a hotel over the net but to walk and find a house/room within your budget. Rentals are depend on the place and the facilities.  As it is a tropical country you better go for a house with air-conditions.

If you are an expat who wants to work/live/retire in Sri Lanka, you have to note that according to new laws, you can not buy any property in Sri Lanka but you can go for a long term rentals up to 30 years. Many foreigners suppose that to be 99 year rental but I confirm that is only for 30 years.

Its really helpful for the expats going to Sri Lanka......
Thanks Mal for your valueable information.............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Its really helpful for the expats going to Sri Lanka......
Thanks Mal for your valueable information.............

Regards,
Anil

your welcome I will try to research more and write more later!

Hi thanks. it is good information for expats coming to sri lanka.
Can anybody advise me to find a 2bhk for a period of 1 year stay.
My son got seat in CSCT and therefore he and his mother will stay for a period of min 1 year. Help pls.

Hello, Drop me a message to discuss about this.

Hello dear expat.I saw your message and probably I could help you,if you are planning to stay in Mandy area only.I am prasanna.