Super value stores

Hi friends! next month I will moving to Pom city. I am Malaysian.  I need to know about super value stores.

Hi rama2383,

I have created a new topic with your post on the Papua New Guinea forum. Can you please give more details on the info you need?

Thanks,
Christine

Thanks a lot Christine!  Hope I will get feed back from others members!

What is it you need to know exactly ??

Isit super value super store well known super market in papau new genuine?  Working environment?

rama2383 wrote:

Isit super value super store well known super market in papau new genuine?  Working environment?

I found their website online in less than 30 seconds. www.svs.com.pg

Ha ha ha! Stumpy I know they have website ! I have checked before but it's better for me to listen from  expartrist who work at the super market currently! Anyway thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate!  Hope I can meet you there!

Are you looking to work for them ? 
If you are adventurous then go and work for them. It all depends on what they are offering in their package, not just money but medical cover, safe secure housing, transport, flights home etc.Tax is around 35%. 

I do not know of any Oz expats who work there. It seems they only employ TCN's as they are cheaper than other expats.

I am not in PNG now and have not worked there for a few years now.

They offer me 11,000 kin per month.  Accommodation, tax, flights tiket& medical  cover by them.

rama2383 wrote:

They offer me 11,000 kin per month.  Accommodation, tax, flights tiket& medical  cover by them.

Is that K11,000 before or after tax best you get them to qualify that first.
You need to find out exactly what the medical insurance does cover you for.
Do you pay for food water and electricity or does company cover that. These are expensive items if you have to pay.

K 11,000 after tax. Utility they covered K600.

rama2383 wrote:

K 11,000 after tax. Utility they covered K600.

Salary is okay then but money for utility is too low. 

10 years ago I was living in Moresby, company provided accommodation, paid for water and electricity and gave me a food allowance of K500 per month. This amount never completely covered the cost.

What exactly will be your job at svs?? If its a managerial job in the supermarket its ok. Managerial jobs in svs usually starts at K3,500.