Minimum Salary for Banking Software Professional

Hi All,

I got an offer in Saudi Bank as a Software Professional .They offered 13000 SAR per month + 4 months bonus .
No accommodation provided by them
Is that sufficient ,considering accommodation and living expenses . How much one can save per month ?

Sorry to repeat this question
What is the average salary for Software professionals in Riyadh ? because i am confused as i am already working in Germany and if i decided to move to Gulf , then its difficult to come back to Germany again .

Looking for your valuable suggestions . Thanks

don't leave Germany.

I missed this thread the first time around.

Why do you want to leave your job in Germany?  If it is at all possible to stay and continue working there, then do so!  Let's go through the possible reasons for wanting to come here:

1) The vast majority--nearly all--of foreigners come here for money, whether in absolute terms or relative terms.  They are able to save more here, that's why they are here.  Is that going to be the case for you?  Your monthly expenses will range from 4,000 to 7,000 per month, including everything.

2) Very few come for a genuine case of career advancement or a really exciting position or work environment.  Safe to say that in nearly anything related to engineering, science, and IT, that's NOT the case.  Are you coming for career advancement?

3) A tiny number come with religious considerations as their primary reason.  From your name, I don't think that is applicable here.

Average salary for software professionals here?  I don't know what the average is, but the range is approximately 5k to 30k+.  The primary factor is your nationality, and you belong to an unfavorable one

In a nutshell, unless you will be getting more than in your current job, or the job is better than the current one, don't come here!

Trapezius wrote:

Why do you want to leave your job in Germany?  If it is at all possible to stay and continue working there, then do so!  Let's go through the possible reasons for wanting to come here:

1) The vast majority--nearly all--of foreigners come here for money, whether in absolute terms or relative terms.  They are able to save more here, that's why they are here.  Is that going to be the case for you?  Your monthly expenses will range from 4,000 to 7,000 per month, including everything.

2) Very few come for a genuine case of career advancement or a really exciting position or work environment.  Safe to say that in nearly anything related to engineering, science, and IT, that's NOT the case.  Are you coming for career advancement?

3) A tiny number come with religious considerations as their primary reason.  From your name, I don't think that is applicable here.

Average salary for software professionals here?  I don't know what the average is, but the range is approximately 5k to 30k+.  The primary factor is your nationality, and you belong to an unfavorable one

In a nutshell, unless you will be getting more than in your current job, or the job is better than the current one, don't come here!

:one

Trapezious,

Very comprehensive and mature answer to our friend. I could not argee with you more.

It all depends on your legal status in Germany. After completing your studies there one is allowed to work for 18 months before informing the home office, then the PR permanent Residence" blue card" procedure begins.

If our friend Sridhar has already obtained the PR in Germany and by comming to KSA his German nationality procedure will not be delayed ( which I doubt will be the case) only then I will advise him to leave Germany otherwise he must stay there untill finalising the legal requirements for PR.

There will always be oppertunities open in KSA for professionals, I suggest your first priority should be to get you nationality sorted out, you will get a higher salary if you come to the same employer on an EU passport

Trapezius wrote:

What Trapezius mentioned is true.
I agree to this one, you r salary always depend on your nationality and what kind of experience you are carrying.
I saw most of the westerns get highly paid for their minimum experience and Asians get less paid for more experience. Moslty also the egyptians, jordanies, syrians get more paid compared to indians, pakistanis with same experience.
How can you ask a average salary in saudi? many small companies who got software professionals dosent get paid more than 10000, and many big companies with software professional get paid 10-30K +. So even it applies for big bank or small bank.
So it depends on your nationality, work line experience and bank you choose.

Good Luck.

I'm an IT guy...well used to be...But i'd like to say as a professional software engineer the min avg. salary would be around 18k.

if this was my case i would stay in Germany or i would ask for increase .
Thats my opinion and as mentioned before it depends on your experience.

I just now focused on the "4 months bonus".  Is that a one time bonus at joining, or will you get that every year?  If indeed it means that you will be receiving 16 x 13,000 every year, that changes the situation.  That becomes a salary of about 17,300 now.  Or another way to look at it is that the 4 extra salaries will take care of your living expenses for the year, so the 13,000 goes into your pocket every month.

That's significantly better than 12 salaries of 13,000 each, and worth considering.  However, consider first what riazcdki has said.  If you are indeed on the path to German citizenship or permanent residency, don't leave that!  As you said, it will be difficult to go back to Germany from the Gulf.  If for whatever reason you want to leave Germany, have a look at other positions in the gulf as well, especially in the UAE and Qatar.  The living expenses in those countries are a lot higher than in SA, but if they provide you with an adequate housing allowance, it will be far better there, both professionally, and socially, than in SA.

dear Expats can u help me in deciding a recent engineer graduate salary in riyadh?
The job is in telecom sector?

tazee wrote:

dear Expats can u help me in deciding a recent engineer graduate salary in riyadh?
The job is in telecom sector?

In Telecom? operator or Vendor? or outsourcing company? How much experience do you have? there are wide range of salaries from 5000-60,000 or even more. Share your details so i can help you with some assumptions. Also whats your role?

Thanks for reply.
I am a recent graduate in telecom Engineering and have no professional experience. The job is of STC customer support?
salary is in range of 4k to 5k. Is it worth ?

tazee wrote:

Thanks for reply.
I am a recent graduate in telecom Engineering and have no professional experience. The job is of STC customer support?
salary is in range of 4k to 5k. Is it worth ?

For freshers, everywhere they treat like this, so no comments on your package. Now you have to decide what you want and are you working with STC directly or through sub contractor? Coz if you work direct then your salary may increase soon, but with sub contractor may e after 2 years. So plz check things and try to negotiate for more. 5-7K for freshers.

I agree with suribahi, as a fresh graduate any reasonable that gives you a "foot in" is acceptable. use this chance positively and build your career.

thanks dears for your replies. I have agreed the job, Lets see what follows, hope to be good.

Congratulations

tazee wrote:

thanks dears for your replies. I have agreed the job, Lets see what follows, hope to be good.

Congrats, Welcome to Saudi...