Moving to Curitiba in about 2 months

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ?    I NEED TO FIND A STUDIO APARTMENT OR ROOM IN CURITIBA.
I PLAN TO LIVE IN CURITIBA FOR 2 YEARS WITH MY MERCOSUR 2-YEAR RESIDENCE AND WORK IN THE TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS BUSINESS.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH IN AVERAGE I NEED TO PAY FOR A SMALL STUDIO APARTMENT IN THE CURITIBA AREA.
I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION TO MY HOUSING NEED, GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Could you please not post in uppercase as it makes the post harder to read.
It is also considered to be shouting if you do write in uppercase and is frowned upon. Thanks

You should wait until AFTER the World Cup, since you're not going to be able to find anything in Curitiba during the games. People have actually asked long term renters to move out of houses and apartments so that they could take advantage of the astronomical rates they could charge for accommodations during the World Cup. That means there will probably be a lot of rentals coming onto the market all over Brazil following the games.

Even if you can find something it is impossible to predict prices right now since Brazilians are famous for raising prices to whatever they think they will be able to get during events and high season. For example a beer that costs you R$3 at the corner bar is going to cost you R$6-9 on the beach in the summer. A one bedroom in a beach town (not even near the beach) that you might pay R$900 per month to rent will cost you R$100 or more per night during "temporada".

If you want to check out what the prices "normally are" then Cost of Living figures are available on www.numbeo.com they're fairly accurate for Brazil as far as I've seen so far. Just type the name of the city you want information about into the search box.

Yes, and please limit use of upper case (cap locks) here, it will be greately appreciated.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hi Victor, Ive been here for only a month and a half as a visiting professor (will be here once a year for the next three years) and there are a number of hotel apartments that whilst probably expensive by local standards may be suitable for starting. My hosts are paying so I cant tell you the price of this place but you can ask over the net - Hotel Valentini di Lucca - its in the Batel area which is one of the better and safer areas I am told.
One caveat about this area is that whilst it has a lively bar scene, a problem here is that you can never always be sure when out on your own if people are genuinely friendly or there is a sex service involved - I found some of the flirty local girls (young and old, including very old) offering me sex after a drink or two which is a little bit distasteful for an upmarket area; their friendly boyfriends seemed to also be their pimps... during the day most people are very nice and helpful so its disappointing because you cant relax if you go out on your own as a foreigner and need to be always alert (prefer to just get a couple of beers and stay in the apartment and watch tv to be honest). I suspect this may be a world cup thing rather than the norm...
Although prices for the world cup were very high, my local colleagues retained the off season price because the stay was longer than a month so beer that in mind if you need temporary accommodation.
Rgds John