Denmark Greencard Processing Time

Hello Everyone.

This is Kamil and working as Telecom Engineer in Kuwait. I just Applied Denmark Greencard from UAE and they confirmed me that my Application successfully received by Denmark Immigration on 8th April 2014.
Can anyone who recently got Greencard tell , How much time will they take for Whole Process ??

Thahx In Advance

My husband and I applied last year.  In April 2013 they received our application.  In November it was approved.  It took about six and a half months.  Good luck to you!

Best regards,

Andrea

I have applied in sep-2013 but still m waiting for Green Card !!

kamil22 wrote:

Hello Everyone.

This is Kamil and working as Telecom Engineer in Kuwait. I just Applied Denmark Greencard from UAE and they confirmed me that my Application successfully received by Denmark Immigration on 8th April 2014.
Can anyone who recently got Greencard tell , How much time will they take for Whole Process ??

Thahx In Advance

I takes a very very long time as others on this forum have stated. Could take up to 12 months or more.

Just because they have received your application does not mean that you will be successful. It depends on a lot of factors like whether your job is on the required skills list and is a priority, which country you are coming from, whether you have language skills etc.

Hi Andrea,

Thanx for Reply. from which location did you applied ?? After how many days first time u hear from Danish Immigration ??

Hi kapil,

Did u call to Danish Immigration regarding your application ??

What they replied ??

Hi Stumpy,

Thanx for you Reply. I have different views from different ppl. some are saying 6 months and some says more than a year. I think it will depends on your country of Origin and also location from where you applied.

Hi Kamil22,

We submitted everything at the Danish consulate in Chicago in April of last year.  In either late October or early November the Danish immigration service asked us to provide additional proof of funds.  A few days after we provided the requested proof, they contacted us and provided the letters saying we were approved.

Best regards,

Andrea

Thanx Andrea for useful info. Really Appreciated.

Hi Kamil,

I applied in December 2013 in Denmark (from Australia but i have been living in Copenhagen on a working holiday visa) and am still waiting for a response. I would definitely wait in your home country and keep working until you get the visa approved. I have been stuck in a position of not being able to work for 6 months now and it's very draining financially and professionally. I wish you the best of luck :)

It took me about 4 months for processing of my application.
I think the main factors are the points you are claiming and the justification of why you are claiming points.

If more points, naturally the individual is highly skilled and the embassy will process it sooner. Thats my understanding.

Hi Harshit,

Thax for your reply.

I also got approval for green Card. Embassy asked me to collect Letter for visa.

Can you plz let me know whether they stamp on my passport or i should travel with Visa letter.

Regards,

Kamil

Hi Kamil,

I am not sure if there will be a stamping or I will get a card.. I can confirm to you within a week.
But i dont think a letter will be sufficient.

I have submitted my passport to the VFS office - which is the body which takes in application and forwards to Danish Consulate in India.

Hope this helps.
Congrats BTW..
Harshith

Dear All,

I did my Masters in Social Work and Bachelor in Business Administration from recognised university of India. I am planning to apply under green cardcard. I have almost 8 years of exp. in Social Work and Human Resource field. Can any one advise me whether its worthful to move there and will i get opportunity after moving there in my field?

Regards,

Parichay

Hi Harshith,

Can you advise on my blog which i have posted recently. my qualification and exp. is mentioned in Positive list. Do i need to appear for IELTS?

Regards,

Parichay

Hi Parichay,

I applied for GC via a consultancy and I had a good consultant who did most of the advising.
I am not an expert in the way the Danish Embassy assesses applications and awards points.

The NYI Denmark website is quite comprehensive in a way for one to do a self assessment.

The only thing I can say is, what ever you claim, make sure your documents support this claim and is clearly explained in the cover letter.If you can demonstrate English language skills using your university and work place, that is good enough.
But if they are not providing the same, I would recommend IELTS.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Harshith

Hi Harshit,

Can you plz share you mobile no with me ??

Thanx in advanced.

Kamil

Huy frnd as you said you u apllied in sep 2013 have u got the visa till date
?
Because I applied in dec 2013 and still no replies

Hi I have applied in Dec 2014....received a mail in Feb regrading proof of my stay in usa.....BT till date I haven't heard any thing....I called yesterday they said decision is pending.....from last 1-2 months they r saying this.....anyone had any update pls. Let me know....

Hi folks..

I'm from Hyderabad, India and I've applied for Green Card in July 2013. Its been over an year now but I haven't heard anything from them yet...I've been in regular contact with the Danish Embassy New Delhi and the Green Card Dept. Denmark for the past 6 months but the only reply i get from them is my application is still under process and might take some more time to actually hear back from them...!!
Can some one advice me on the normal GC processing time lines, please?
Wondering, if anyone else is in a similar situation or faced such situation before finally hearing a decision on the visa?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Chandu

hello Kamil,

am Babar from Delhi, i applied for Danish immigration last year in November 2013..I haven't been informed by the embassy regarding ma result..my question is how much time they take in declaring a result as my 10 month has just started..thanks a lot

Is anyone heard from danish embassy about GC..approval...

applied in November but no update from danish embassy..

hi chandu,

it usually takes less time if you completed your education in EU. where did you study ?

kamil22,

congrats. can i know how many pts you scored and also where you studied ?

tia,
kumar

i m waiting from sep-2013 nd still under process

hi kapil,

did you contact DIS or the Embassy ? Also, how many pts did you estimate and where was your education ?

kumar

Is anyone recently called embassy....why they are taking so much time.....

hello I got GC in September 2014...now before leaving for denmark I have applied for my family as well since I have got the bank statement..my question is how much time the embassy takes in giving decisions related to dependents i-e spouse and children

Hi Harshith,

Congratulation! All the best for your future.
I am planning to apply green card scheme visa next month.
I have done the IELTS Feb 2013, is that ok? Also I have reference letter from university for English Language usage.  Is that enough for the same?
Do we need to submit cover letter along with filled application form & supporting documents?
If so could you please send me some sample cover letter or your cover letter for my reference?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Thanks, Ibrahim.

Hi Ibrahim,

I think IELTS is valid for 2 years right? So when you apply for GC, if its within 2 years, it should be ok. Also, you have a letter from ur university. So that should help.

Cover letter is optional. It is not listed as one of the 'required documents'.
In the cover letter, you just mention what points you are claiming for.

Hi Harshith,
Thanks for your reply.
few more questions, regarding work experience, I have all appointment letters, relieving letters and service letters   from previous employer respectively.
However, my question here,
1. Do i need to submit reference letter includes roles & responsibility with company seal and manager or HR signature from my all previous employer?
2. Do i need to get appointment for submitting application through VFS Chennai (about case id & application process fee need to pay during that time)?
3. About biometrics, should they taken on same day of visa application submission?
4. Should all required documents copies be notary attested?

Thanks,  Ibrahim.

Hi Harshith,
Thanks for your reply.
few more questions, regarding work experience, I have all appointment letters, relieving letters and service letters   from previous employer respectively.
However, my question here,
1. Do i need to submit reference letter includes roles & responsibility with company seal and manager or HR signature from my all previous employer?
2. Do i need to get appointment for submitting application through VFS Chennai (about case id & application process fee need to pay during that time)?
3. About biometrics, should they taken on same day of visa application submission?
4. Should all required documents copies be notary attested?
5. I am Certified Database Administrator , is it fall under IT Engineer  or IT Consultant?
Thanks,  Ibrahim.

Hi Ibrahim,

1. I am not sure of company seal, but in a company letter head they usually give and the HR signs. That is required.
2. No need of appointment, for Denmark, there is a separate counter usually and it happens fast (not like UK as many ppl will be applying). The case id and receipt of fees will need to be done before you go to VFS. You will need to enter that in the application form.
3. Biometrics for me was taken on the same day.
4. Better to get it notarized but not a mandatory.
5. This I am not sure mate, pls ask an expert in IT field.

hey Andrea_L_O,

congrats on your DK green card. I just have a query as to why they asked you to show additional funds ? Did you not show enough funds the first time ? also what period of bank statements did you had to submit when you applied(for example: for a 6 month period or 1 month etc) ?

thank you

Hi Harshith,

I am from Chennai. Most of the information I could not find online in any websites. Could you please text me on whatsapp +91-9940501664? It will be very very useful for me! Please guide me!

Hi Mate,
I am Kishore from Chennai, in a similar situation as you! Please ping me on whatsapp +91-9940501664!
We will further discuss about it!

Thank you!

I have completed UG in India and PG in UK, please guide me for Danish GC.
My mobile number: +91-9940501664

Did you check nyidenmark.dk?

Hi Harshith!
Yes! I have checked nyidenmark.dk website many times. But I need specific details as mentioned in UK website for UK visa.