2014 FIFA WORLD CUP FIASCO UPON US

Good morning fellas,

Sorry Tiger, in some things youŽre right, but look the age of Brazil and you will realize, that the country is very young. Look at Europe, how old is Europe and compare the age of Europe with Brazil...so you will find out, that Brazil is still a child and it takes time. Where was Europe 50years, or 100years before???

"The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it  and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you  ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." cit. JFK

So I think that this "glow from that fire can truly light the world" Mr. Bush Sen. and Jr. clearly misunderstood!
And If you are so patriotic, why the american doesnŽt make pressure, to realy find out, why and finaly who killed JFK or RFK? Hey, I mean they killed two greatest american politics, that America ever had, than the Warren committee came, with all the Bullshit ( excuse me please for this word ) and the american believe that stuff, come on wake up!

I realy would like to recommend to watch this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsMKMMlleOE

So many things what some american politics done and even in the name of America, you cannot be proud of that, and remember. Finaly what I want so say is, if you point your finger at other persons, you should not forget, that your three fingers of your own hand are pointed at you!

Piotr,

It's not the politics that I speak of, it's the economy. The economic might of a country is not so much dependent upon politics as it is a sum of all the parts of the country, all the people in a country. Individual workers in Brazil have the power to make Brazil a better country. You say look at Europe a few years ago, it had been burnt down due to horrendous wars, something Brazil has never had on its soil. Brazil has no excuse for its lagging economy as Brazil can become a great country, and politics is not an excuse to holding it back. Modeling Brazil on the US personal economic success is a start, negatively comparing Brazil to the worse of the United States has to offer would only hold Brazil back, while improving upon the mistakes the model of the US has made while making things better in Brazil would be perhaps the best solution.

Economics is not rocket science, Want to see manufacturing, sales, wages and employment massively rise? Just cut taxes to a minimum. Why do you think people buy duty free, and flock to Paraguay to buy things there that are exhorbitantly overpriced in Brazil?

Leave it to the economic government despots in Brazil to keep wrecking their economy via high taxes and execrably low wages. It's the only thing they're good at. All while paying themselves monthly salaries of $10,000 - 200,000 (yes, some federal employees do make that, e.g. higher-ranking judges) while 70% of the cost of gasoline and ethanol - both of which Brazil produces right at home - is composed entirely of taxes that the average worker making $500 a month (if they're lucky enough to find even that salary) cannot afford. Which results in massive crime. And apathy.

But hey, when you're a highly paid government worker that lives in a guarded community, and have your kids at college in the US, and have no income worries, and don't have to perform much at work...what do you care if the rest of the country suffers?

In those cases, you come up with ideas like, let's have a World Cup, I don't care that people are dying on the floors in the horrible hospitals. Those are for the "little people". That is Brazil in a nutshell, folks.

Tiger,

The politics in Germany, where I lived a long time stoped to make politic, who make poitic is the economy and the big companies. The politics are sitting in supervisonay boards and do you realy think, that they make politic for the People? They will not take decisions against the Company, because the chair is comfortable. And Bush, are you thinking that the wars had not an economic Background, like  oil, stell and weapon industry?

I know, that the brazilian economy and politics are not good, but if you talking today about economy, youŽre talking about politics too.

People!  Please let's not get  :offtopic:  here or EB will lock the thread.

The discussion is about the World Cup and the problems relating to it. It is drifting off to a discussion of politics which is not permitted by EB and also we need to watch exactly what WE say so we don't violate Decreto/Lei 6.815 which prohibits us foreigners from being involved in politics in every possible way.

Don't know about you guys, but I sure don't want to get deported.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

LOOOOL, Deportation?
Then letŽs sing the song form Boney M "oneway ticket, oneway ticket....", hahahahaa

You bet!!! Deportation...... have you ever read Decreto/Lei 6.815?  Pretty scary business!

We really have to bite our tongues many times to keep from saying something that the Brazilian government considers political or doesn't want THEIR citizens to hear.

Will they deport us? Yes, they certainly will and they're also not above fabricating evidence to get whoever they want booted out of Brazil. I've been warned numerous times about how close I come to crossing the line with some of my postings.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Just another feather in Brazil's cap, huh? Don't dare say anything against anyone. What a sad excuse for a society. And yes, I am moving away voluntarily, after putting up with this nonsense for several years. What a waste of time it's been. Won't miss the ubiquitous sewer smell, constant fear of being robbed/assaulted at gunpoint, the ridiculously high prices, wonderful inefficiency and incompetence, blatant lack of respect for human life, absurdly dangerous driving habits, poor product quality, and uneducated populace. Sorry to be so negative, but that's the situation on the ground here.

Yes, there are wonderful people. No, this does not make up for the shortcomings.

Believe me things could be worse!

Just think, you could have been born Brazilian and be trapped here...... wow, I just scared myself.