Summerschool in Dusseldorf

Hi, everybody! I apply for the summerschool in Germany for July, my destination will be Dusseldorf. The Embassy's program will cover my travel, accomodation,insurance cost in Dusseldorf. But eating and transportation costs will be paid by myself. Ive never been in Germany. So, I want to ask how much does it take from me these costs for 1 month? I will prefer eat outside 2 times but not expensive restaurants, just in small ones for students may be,   can u give me approximate costs for it? Thanks in advance   :)

Eating out can be quite costly especially in Düsseldorf. If you do the cooking, the usual budget is about €4-5 a day. But this also depends on what you are cooking, if you get exotic products then that can cost a bit more.

If you're eating out, depending on where you eat it can start from as little as €4 per meal. Though the Germans have the döner that goes for as little as €1,50 and contains everything from meat to bread and even salad ;)

For the first couple of days you might have no choice but to eat in the expensive places but the longer you are here, the more time you'll have to discover new joints that offer reasonable pricing.

It costs like 30€ a day, if you want to try the restaurant in Düsseldorf, you can try it at lunch time, same meal but cheaper!
Or try the Imbiss, also cheaper than a restaurant.