Travelling on a limited Budget

Travelling is still one of my favourite getaway. The planning , the  excitement and the actual touring sightseeing is a lifetime of memories. When we plan we look out for cheaper flight, cheaper transport & accomodation and not forgetting of course more spending money during the trip.

But the problem is most of the time we have limited resources to get 'connected' to reliable cheaper accomodation and reliable transport packages.

I had my fair share of travelling around the most parts of Asia including Australia and Dubai. Most of the time we check into the hotels. Freshen up and cant wait to get out to enjoy the scenic surroundings. Some shop, some go for adventure tours ..or some jes sleep in..:P

Watever our reasons may be , most of us use the hotel facilities for sleeping and bathing/ shower. Almost 85% of our hotel accomodation is used for storing our luggage while we are out gallavanting..

Why not have a cheaper alternative to getting a good nites rest , decent shower and a comfort breather for our wallets$$$. Do u agree or do u have another opinion?

Feel free to contribute

I totally agree with u ... hotels are very expensive without valuble return ....I think rooms/apartements rental are an efficient and money saving solution ...

yes, hotels and taxi fare expensive in almost European countries

There are lots of tourist level hotels at backpacking prices in KL and some other parts of Malaysia, including Penang.

The prices charged by other providers, are always too high, including what is called "home stay" here, i.e. renting a room in someone's home or the whole unit.

It is against the law to take in paying guests in condominiums in Malaysia, and any abuses are reported to the management council. So its always best to use licenced accommodation providers to avoid nasty issues.

It is also against most rental agreements to sub-let rooms in a condominium. Eviction is the usual outcome and loss of deposits if there are complaints.

[Moderated: pls avoid free ads on the Forum]