INQUIRY ON S PASS

thank you for your reply beppi! Its very much appreciated!

Hiii... My apeeal sent to the mom on 4 weeks ago..but no any response And still pending ...when the result of appeal plzzz tell me ??

Lovejit01 wrote:

Hiii... My apeeal sent to the mom on 4 weeks ago..but no any response And still pending ...when the result of appeal plzzz tell me ??

You should ask MoM and not us!
However, they will probably not give a clear answer. The result will come whenever it comes - be patient!

Hi beppi! MOM texted me and set an appointment for the evaluation of my ID card registration (s-pass) .. They also issued me my FIN # for the spass.. Does it means that my pass has been approved? just in case u have an idea?! Thanks..

Issuance of FIN means they have accepted your application.
Evaluation of your ID card means they have doubts about its authenticity or content.
Just do as they say and continue to be patient!

is there possibility that MOM will decide tomorrow if my Id card will be approved or not after the evaluation? Im just worried about it.. thank u beppi for your reply! i

It's not MoM's responsibility to approve your ID card.
If they want to see and check your ID card, just go and show it to them.

Sir  i have applied fr job in singapore through agent and 50000 rs advance thy took and told total 350000 u have to pay  by installment... so once offer letter came they told me to pay 150000 but offer letter came from cannada recruitment  agency and thy told me i would get original offer letter only after i gett my work permit visa so is it true and also told me to pay 150000 once i get my s pass

aapko ko kitne month me visa milenga or first ask about fin number.  reply...

pawz616 wrote:

Sir  i have applied fr job in singapore through agent and 50000 rs advance thy took and told total 350000 u have to pay  by installment... so once offer letter came they told me to pay 150000 but offer letter came from cannada recruitment  agency and thy told me i would get original offer letter only after i gett my work permit visa so is it true and also told me to pay 150000 once i get my s pass

As I have written before, agents are generally not allowed to take fees from employment seekers in Singapore. Those that do are illegal and will only take your money, not provide a job.
It is a common strategy of such illegal agents to keep the applicant hopeful without showing any real documents (e.g. offer letter or FIN number) and to ask for more and more payments at steps along the way. This is exactly what you encountered.
I strongly suggest you stop working with this agent!
If you are lucky,you may be able to recover some of the money by suing them. But more probably it's all lost.
If you are still interested in working in Sinapore, do it by applying directly at companies in Singapore, and/or by engaging an honest agent - you can recognise one by the fact that they only take a fee from the employing company, as the law in Singapore requires!
Good luck!

Added after some considerations: The fee this unscrupulous agent asked from you, INR350k or S$7500, is three times the monthly salary of a typical S-Pass holder. This is is an incredible amount and surely leaves you with no savings during your time in Singapore and thus worse off than if you had stayed at home. According to the United Nations, such arrangements (which are unfortunately common in third world countries) are a major cause of bonded labour, poverty and can even lead to debt slavery. They are thus outlawed in many countries.
Please stop working with such agents - for your own good!

Hi Good day!

I just wanna know. What is the big problem in rejection of spass.? Im still waiting for my spass it has been 3months from now.
I submit all the requirements and my contract is signed over. And my passport is still in my agency waiting for approval assessment in singapore..

My question is . It is possible to approved by MOM? because I plan to work again here in philippines again. :(

I have never heard of S-Pass processing times above 2 months.
Furthermore, your passport is not needed during the application period.
Something is wrong here!

Hi there! I'm Indonesian recently posses Msc in Malaysia. I got job in one of civil engineering company in singapore and they have applied for my S pass. Since I still dont get my Msc certificate, they applied the S pass with my Bsc certificate. And after 5 days, they said that I was rejected but they will try to write in to see if there is any chance. I asked them is there any certain cause why I was rejected and still no answer. and today i tried to check my qualification at SAT (self-assessment tools) and yes this website said that i cant applied for  S-pass

for your information:
- I'm still fresh graduate with less than 1 year of work experience
- salary 1800-2200 SGD

So is there anything that i can do to fix this? please help, I really want this job  :sosad:
thank you

Your salary is the big problem. Plus experience!

Minimum salary for S-Pass is S$2200/month.
Applying with a lower salary is a waste of time - instant and automatic rejection.

The minimum salary for a B.Sc. holder (fresh graduate) is S$3300 without work experience (more with experience) and M.Sc. holders need to earn even more to be eligible. EP is the correct visa for university degree holders, not S-Pass.

Please note that Singapore isn't cheap and it is difficult for a single person to survive at anything below S$3000/month - or S$5000/month if you want a (small) apartment instead of a shared room.

Thank you charmavietnam and beppi for the reply.

wow, I'm suprised with your reply beppi that you told the problem is because of my salary. so you tell me that there is no problem with my less than one year of work experience right?

so do you think I should tell the company that the rejection is because the salary is too low and I should apply for EP instead of S Pass? I need an advise here before I call the company regarding this problem. I really want to get a job in Singapore since it's pretty difficult for me to find a job as Indonesian in Malaysia and I want to find a job outside my country Indonesia.
thanks in advance

I don't think this company knows what they're doing - the salary thresholds are clearly defined and known to anybody who has anything to do with work pass applications! I think you better don't put too much hope into this and continue to look for another employer.

Eyeshield21 wrote:

so you tell me that there is no problem with my less than one year of work experience right?

No, I did not say that.
To get a job and work visa in Singapore you need some niche skills that are in demand but not available among the local workforce. It is difficult, but not impossible to have such without work experience.

I only think want to get a job as soon as I finish my study. so I really blur with this stuff.  :dumbom:
Thank you for your help and advise beppi!! really appreciate that.

So first class Geologist/Geophysicst here. with less than one year experience available to work in any country. pm me if interested  :lol: