Change of Job Visa and travel involved

Hello, a friend of mine Pakistani national has finished his contract of 2 years with a company, he was interviewed by another firm and is selected and will return to Muscat on the new Job Visa. He has travelled to Pakistan for a few weeks as of now.

My question is he plans to come to Muscat before he actually recieves the Visa from the company on a Visit Visa arranged through his dad, now when he actually gets his Job visa, does he again have to travel out of the country and come back before he joins ? if Yes is it necessary he goes to Pakistan again or can he even take a trip to Dubai or anywhere and return ?

Yes he have go out Oman and get stamp in passports and come again

Hi kphbahrain,

Yes, your friend must necessarily exit the country and re-enter again using the new employment visa.

No, where he flies to is immaterial as long as he exits. If he is sure of getting his employment visa / or is already in possession of the same, then he could fly to the nearest international destination and return even the same day.

Thank you very much :)

Thank you

Hello guys with respect to my earlier query, my friend's dad applied for a Visit Visa but it came as denied because there seems to be a rule of a 3 month gap between the exit and a new visa application ?

My friend wants to be here in June as he has an exam, is it possible for him to try to get a tourist visa or does tourist visa also have the same "3 month gap" requirement, please advice and suggest.

An old rule, which was not followed strictly has now been made mandatory by the Royal Oman Police, about job / visa change between companies in Oman.

Now there's a 2-year ban on visa / job change, which is bad news of expatriate workforce.

Check the links below for details, as published in today's (Sunday, May 11, 2014) dailies :

http://main.omanobserver.om/?p=80043http://www.timesofoman.com/News/33638/A … ts-returns

Thanks, it came as a shocker to me.
But its not clear if the employee has a NOC from the old employer, still the ban is in place and also for those who worked for 2 years on a work visa/contract and then did not wish to renew it , got interviewed and selected in a new company left the country and is waiting for a the new work visa, would ti be applicable for those too or only for those who left the country without cancelling the Work visa in the middle of thheir 2 year period ?

This piece of information is a shocker for any expatriate looking at changing jobs within the Sultanate.

The rule by itself is pretty clear and self explanatory :  "The Royal Oman Police (ROP), in coordination with other authorities concerned, has decided not to issue employment visas for expatriates, who have previously worked in the Sultanate and not completed two years from the date of last departure after leaving a company."

So if a person exits the country by cancelling his / her employment visa, then he / she has to wait for a full 2-year period before coming back on another sponsor's (or even the same sponsor's) employment visa.

It does not mean that this rule is applicable only for those who have not completed their 2-year contract period.

Thank you Sumitran. tough times I would say.
I hope they reconsider this move or people with NOC from previous employer should be exempted.

Hi

I am presently working in Oman and was thinking of switching jobs. I got an offer 2 days back and with this new rule in place I am wondering would it be wise to switch. I have been told by the company offering the job that they plan to do the visa clearance before July 1, 2914 - the date from which the new rule applies. Does this put me in a safe position to take up the offer. Can anyone throw light on this? Thanks

Hello,

While the company you intend to join has told you that they will get your visa clearance before July 1, you will still be running a huge risk.

What for some reason your prospective employer fails to get the required clearance ? Then you will be stuck for a minimum period of 2 years and finding a job back in Oman would become a bigger challenge when you are out of the country.

Also you must be aware that the authorities keep changing rules and making new amendments to the existing rules at the drop of a hat. Given the current uncertain scenario, nothing is certain or can be considered as confirmed until and unless you get your new employment visa in your hand.

Best of luck !