Unlucky lucky

Hi all,
today I got robbed in district 6, Hcmc. After lunch we were walking down the street. Some guy on a motorbike snatched my bag with everything important (passport, bankcards) in it. After going to the police and fill in forms I went back home. This is the unlucky part.....
The lucky part is after a few hours my friend got a call from his mother in Da Nang. She told him :"you got robbed?"
The case was, somebody found my bag and inserted my old sim card and retrieved her cellphone number. In which she called him and get my bag back. My camera is lost as well as some cash. But I still have my passport and bankcards which saves me a lot of headache, effort to block, apply and time.
Moral of this you already know. I say again: DON'T PUT EVERYTHING YOU GOT IN ONE BAG AND WALK AROUND CASUALLY.BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS AND DUMP YOUR IMPORTANT STUFF SOMEWHERE SAFE. AND IF POSSIBLE , LEAVE YOUR BAG THERE TOO!
I consider myself very very lucky and will be even more cautious from now on.
Fyi I still love this country after what happened but I know these things can happen anywhere in the world.
Take care of yourself...see ya!

It's unlucky you didn't see old threads about these kinds of incidents  :)
Anyway 'something' is better than 'nothing'.  :)

Sorry. this happened to you.....

:(

Good thing.. you got your passport back.. and Credit cards :)

perhaps you should leran some skills when on roads in my country :3, i'm willing to help you ))

Locals also get robbed, bag snatchers are opportunists. Bag snatching is becoming more prevalent in Saigon

If you're walking with a bag, put the bag diagonally across your chest, on the side of your body away from the roads.  Walk as far away from bikes as possible.

This happend to me 5 days ago, i really hate it!!!!!

I just came back from airport ,  on the way  in front home, dis1. I  had my hand bag crossed neck,  and  with stroller, my husband huged  9 month old son, walking together with me. Then a motorbike with 2 guys try to rob my handbag, they didn,t succed, but i were on the floor, my knee was broken ... lucky my son was not in stroller.

So much hate them......