Electronic toys

Today, whilst babysitting my naughty daughter, I decided to wander into a local electronics shop known as Electronics city.
The place is pretty good for home stuff but not really a 'boys' toys' shop.
I have to admit, they have some especially nice TVs, the super HD 3D ones being top on my list of things to buy if I ever become obscenely rich.
The cartoons kept my daughter quiet(ish) for a good while.

However, the trip inspired an idea - how about a thread where we can rave on about our electronic goodies?
I'll put a couple of posts together, probably starting with my camera (A wonderful Fujifilm HS 50) or the new Android pad (I bought it from Tmart mail order because I was too lazy to go to the shops). I bought it for the monster, but am pleased with  it so I might keep it for myself.
Pretty good for a cheap piece of kit; it even plugs into the TV's HDMI port.

It may be my evil devil of a HP printer and all the daft error messages you get when you try to use a refill ink in the printer you rent from them.
Oh, you don't rent them, you pay CASH but that doesn't stop HP trying to make it impossible to use unless you buy their inks.
I may add something about the Cannon I bought because I was so sick of HP and their daft error messages.

Anyway, whilst I'm deciding what to start with, do you have any interesting toys?
I want photos and feelings as well as facts.

I don't have any things like toys right now............

aryavrat wrote:

I don't have any things like toys right now............

I have a lot of them.
I'm always playing with something. Wait until you see my LED home cinema projector.
That's from LG and it's great.
A tiny LED projector that slips in your pocket but slaps a large, clear picture on the wall.
I tend to use headphones as I like the volume at a dangerous level.

I wish i would have been in Indonesia..........

Come to Shanghai , you will get all the stuff.

Hahahaha......... :lol:
But i will come in your expenses.......... :)

Regards,
Anil

I'm not a person who has much patience for electronic thingamybobs.
That said, I had heard about the eBook "Kindle" before it was made available worldwide.
That is some years ago now.
When I heard that it would be available I ordered one.
I have still got the original one I ordered and it is often used.
Among other things what I like about it is that I can copy long texts from the Internet, send it to Amazon and within a minute or so it arrives on my kindle to read wherever I want.
:top:

Yes have lots of the gadgets.  Recently got my first smart phone. I hate the fact that the phone is so much smarter than me. :D
I also read a lot, sometimes 2-3 books a week.  I am not sure how I did it before I purchased my NOOK nearly three years ago.  So far there are 170+ books on it that I have read.  Great handy gadget to have.

Bob K

my Nikon D90 was sent for repair and have no money to collect it back. :)  So its like gone forever. Now am using a small fuji cam and its enough for me for the time being as I can not make any traveling in near future. Someday I will buy a good cam that is not heavy too much :(
I too have some craziness for electronics but mostly girl-stuff. One-day I wanted to buy a fake money detector and bought it and it is somewhere at home:D

Most welcome !

Thanks

Last year it was the year of purchasing of my electronic toys.

I have several toys that I like to play with, although they are most of household appliances.

The first one is a washing machine,
When we look for one we saw two who can measured with our standards. One was a dryer and washer in one and the other has a weight sensor inside so he can calculated how much powder you must use according to the weight of the laundry. But which we have to choose? The two in one seems an ideal combination but the dryer I will use only in the winter season when I am not able to hang the laundry outside , and that will be  less then 6 weeks.
The other is handy so I don't have to waste much detergent (that is the Dutch in me  ;) ) and I was more attractive to the design.
Oh dear, what a luxury problem. We decide to use a coin and to flip it over.
The weight sensor won...
And I was more then happy when I found out that the machine "talks" several languages including my own old Dutch!

The second is a Kenwood Titanium Major kitchen aid.
I wanted this for many years and I was first opted for a Kitchen aid but hubby wanted a big bowl.
So we came out by the Kenwood. We bought it last November because there was a offer we cant refuse.
My father was visiting us at that time and he paid of third of it.
I am so happy with it because I am able no to make huge amount of dough for bread, pizza and much more.

The last one is the smartphone Galaxy I get from my hubby.
It took me more then one week to find out how it works and to adept it (yes Bob, I know what you mean) but then...
I am hooked. Oh my, this gadget is almost all the time in my hands or very close to me and its amazing what you can do with it.

Kitchen toys for women and others for men!! :|  hmm!!

I said for me, not for all women.
Besides you have a washing machine and washing machine  :D

Great description Primadonna.  :top:

As a by-the-way regarding your comment, "And I was more then happy when I found out that the machine "talks" several languages including my own old Dutch!".
There are times when I wished I couldn't hear my old Dutch;)

Primadonna wrote:

I said for me, not for all women.
Besides you have a washing machine and washing machine  :D

No you are correct!! majority of Asian, Middle Eastern women- I mean, wives play the same roll in the society.
Some play this happy some not. Some husbands may come at a washing machine, or cooker at a request.
otherwise washing-machine, cooker, oven these are just electrical toys of the house-wife.
Before getting married many guys asks girls.. "will you cook tasty for me??" So what about them?? Just to eat??
((May be this is  :offtopic: but thanks to Fred Madonna and I could exchange few ideas!!))

El_Jost wrote:

Can you explain please what you exactly mean?

I can only cook tasty on a decent cooker  :D

A Barotti for example  :whistle:

Primadonna wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Can you explain please what you exactly mean?

In London English dialect "my old Dutch" means my wife. :)
(I think Dutch is short for Duchess.)

mal wrote:

For my wife's first birthday in the Dominican Republic I bought her a new Dominican washing machine (old fashion two tub system).  Eight years later still have not heard the last of it :D:D

Bob K

For a moment I thought you speak/understand Dutch too.
Thanks for making this clear.

Bob K wrote:
mal wrote:

For my wife's first birthday in the Dominican Republic I bought her a new Dominican washing machine (old fashion two tub system).  Eight years later still have not heard the last of it :D:D

Bob K

A long ago story;
I was tired of washing so I asked him whether I would buy a new husband, few days later I got a new washing-machine.

mal wrote:

What other toys for men............ :/

mal wrote:
Bob K wrote:
mal wrote:

Bob K

A long ago story;
I was tired of washing so I asked him whether I would buy a new husband, few days later I got a new washing-machine.

So it means you got a new washing machine in a form of husband............. :lol:

aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:
Bob K wrote:

Bob K

A long ago story;

So it means you got a new washing machine in a form of husband............. :lol:

No silly, he bought me a washing-machine! :mad:

Ok i thought in a other way......sorry for my misunderstanding...............

aryavrat wrote:

Ok i thought in a other way......sorry for my misunderstanding...............

For the last time I let you go! hmm :nothappy:

Thank you very much otherwise i was so scared............... ;)

aryavrat wrote:

ok next question?? can you do washing when a washing machine is under repaired?

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

ok next question?? can you do washing when a washing machine is under repaired?

Some time i get washed even if washing machine used to work............. :)

mas fred wrote:

Anyway, whilst I'm deciding what to start with, do you have any interesting toys?
I want photos and feelings as well as facts.

Hi Fred, you got anything new??

I have an amazing electronic device!
It has a banana-shaped thing on top that can talk and listen, and a round disk with digits that can rotate. If I rotate to a certain (hard to remember) series of digits, the banana talks like my mother. Another series makes it talk like my wife, and other people are possible as well if you remember the digits - which I never do, so it's rarely used. Actually, after a while, the novelty wears off and it's not so special any more.
It looks like this:
http://www.teenagewasteland.de/img/technik/telefon_siemens_sw_d.jpg

beppi wrote:

I have an amazing electronic device!
It has a banana-shaped thing on top that can talk and listen, and a round disk with digits that can rotate. If I rotate to a certain (hard to remember) series of digits, the banana talks like my mother. Another series makes it talk like my wife, and other people are possible as well if you remember the digits - which I never do, so it's rarely used. Actually, after a while, the novelty wears off and it's not so special any more.
It looks like this:
http://www.teenagewasteland.de/img/tech … s_sw_d.jpg

So where is the banana?

Make that a talking banana.  :blink:

My latest acquisition is a new coffee making machine.
The old Italian one must have been about 8 yrs. old and actually was still working but some of the seals were leaking a bit too much. It always looked like a cat had peed next to it. 
The new one is ok I suppose but has too many flashing lights and buttons that have to be pressed at the proper time.
That's ok when I'm fully awake but one of the reasons I've got a coffee machine is to wake me up mornings.
Now I must be fully awake before I use the thing - Gopferdammi nomol !!

El_Jost wrote:

The old Italian one must have been about 8 yrs. old and actually was still working but some of the seals were leaking a bit too much. It always looked like a cat had peed next to it. 
The new one is ok I suppose but has too many flashing lights and buttons that have to be pressed at the proper time.
That's ok when I'm fully awake but one of the reasons I've got a coffee machine is to wake me up mornings.

Means it has an alarm to wake you up? and does it make coffee without your help?? :o
How much is it, me too wanna buy one, :blink:

mal wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Means it has an alarm to wake you up? and does it make coffee without your help?? :o

No no, it's not an alarm type automatic. I like things to be simple.
It's just that with the old one I could shuffle into the kitchen (before the wife was up), switch it on, grab a cup, wait a minute or so to warm up and with one eye only half open press one button and away it went.

mal wrote:

So where is the banana?

It's the detachable, slightly bent thing on top, which is connected to the main unit by a wire.
Well, it's black and has two round,flat disks attached at the ends, but I call it banana because that's the nearest equivalent shape I could think of.

mal wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

I have heard of such a device - it wakes you up and makes coffee and breakfast automatically! It's called good wife ...

beppi wrote:
mal wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

I have heard of such a device - it wakes you up and makes coffee and breakfast automatically! It's called good wife ...

Hey Beppi you are offering problem for yourself by telling wife as device.............hahahaha.... :lol:

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR