My divorce

I would just like to know,  I was previously married in the Philippines, but I have recently divorced here in Australia, I want to know if my Australian "Divorced" title is valid in the Philippines as I wish to re-marry again in the Philippines.

You will need documentation to back this up. Check with the Oz embassy as to what exactly is needed.
A copy of divorce papers will definitely be needed.

In most countries there are specific procedures for registration of foreign Court Orders and Decrees just as there are for registering foreign marriages.

You will need to contact the Philippine Embassy/Consulate to find out just how you do that. It also depends on whether or not you're also a citizen of the second country as well. I've run into a situation here where a member (she's a Brazilian born and holds US citizenship) who was married twice in the USA and divorced twice there..... despite the fact that the divorce took place some time ago, she needs to register the MARRIAGE here in Brazil, just so that she can register the DIVORCE and make it legal here. Citizens have different obligations. Check with the Consulate as to what you have to do.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

you would have to be devorce in Philiipines,but devorce doesn't exits there only annulment,good luck,but I don't think it could be done,but please don't let nothing hinder the love to your loved one,she deserves to be loved and be happy,im sure they wont accept devorce papers from other countries.

masroom1 wrote:

I would just like to know,  I was previously married in the Philippines, but I have recently divorced here in Australia, I want to know if my Australian "Divorced" title is valid in the Philippines as I wish to re-marry again in the Philippines.

Were you married in the Catholic church?  Could cause extra problems.

I don't know about your country but Americans married in the  Philippines doesn't matter if married  in the  church or not can obtain a divorce and  remarry, all you need to remarry is  a  copy of the  divorce and  the  contract for  marriage from the  American embassy, they have  what is called the  Guam Connection you start the  paper work in the  Philippines  when it is ready you go to Guam for  the  required 7 days after that the  divorce  is  granted it  is  about  $1500 there are  lawyers  in Guam that specialize in this, your Filipino wife  can also remarry but has to have  the  divorce registered in the  court in the  Philippines

unless his new Filipina wants a Catholic church wedding

no matter even non Catholics that are divorced can marry in the  Church, i am a Divorced  Catholic and i was married  in the  Catholic Church in the  Philippines

Hi. Yes. I am divorced. The problem is not the marriage but to get an annulment for my partner who is Philippine .
Thanks for your. Post. I am hopeful that the situation will be resolved. I understand its time consuming and will cost money. Its a minefield to find the best lawyer.
Like everything in life,nothing is guarranteed.

Okieboy wrote:

no matter even non Catholics that are divorced can marry in the  Church, i am a Divorced  Catholic and i was married  in the  Catholic Church in the  Philippines

I was married in the Catholic church in the Philippines because I was originally married in the Lutheran church and I also put new fans in the Filipino church.  I am surprised the church would allow a divorced Catholic to marry in the church without an annulment.  What did that cost?  I had been given the go ahead because marriage is not a sacrament in the Lutheran church like it is in the Catholic church.

I received a dispensation here in the  Philippines, i don't know that actual cost, i was  married  by a priest, a family relative, i gave  him P20,000 he  handled everything, but  really a person only has to tell he was divorced ,there are no public records that can be obtained to verify that ,the  embassy just ask if you have  been divorced, they have  know way of knowing, when i received my letter  to contract a marriage  they never looked at  my divorce papers only made me swear i can legally be married, there are  no national records kept in the  USA like in the  Philippines

Okieboy wrote:

I received a dispensation here in the  Philippines, i don't know that actual cost, i was  married  by a priest, a family relative, i gave  him P20,000 he  handled everything, but  really a person only has to tell he was divorced ,there are no public records that can be obtained to verify that ,the  embassy just ask if you have  been divorced, they have  know way of knowing, when i received my letter  to contract a marriage  they never looked at  my divorce papers only made me swear i can legally be married, there are  no national records kept in the  USA like in the  Philippines

20 years ago I was advised to bring notarized copies of my divorce decree, which I gave to the embassy to get the certificate that I could marry, but it was not required after that and the embassy just filed it away.  A friend came in 2003 and his divorce was not an issue because he brought along a copy of his ex-wife's obit.

divorce in another country does not necessarily follow that the divorce is valid also in the philippines. there is one exception though. it is only when the foreign husband was the one initiated the divorce and capacitating him to remarry, the filipina wife may also remarry. thats the law. but there are decisions in courts that could be used in a peculiar case. if you need something to clarify, (Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls +register in the business directory > Lawyers in the Philippines)