Easter

As usual I always forget Easter, this has to do that I live in the Middle East and they follow a different calendar then I used to. Most of the time the Easter falls on a different date but this year it is the same.

Nether less, I want to wish everyone a happy Easter!!!http://www.la-fourchette.nl/Images/pasen_header.jpg

Happy Easter to you Primadonna and to all the Christian members here!
Mal :)

Hello Primadonna,

Wish you a Happy Easter too from West and central Africa.............

Regards,
Anil

Wish you a Happy Easter Mal and all the Sri Lankans............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

Wish you a Happy Easter Mal and all the Sri Lankans............

Regards,
Anil

Thanks Anil and all the Indians and Africans ;)

Happy Easter to all from us here in Brazil /  Feliz Páscoa a todos de nos aqui no Brasil.

Pretty eggs there Primadonna! You know, I've always wondered why we think of the Easter Bunny and eggs, when bunnies don't lay eggs?  :/

I guess that's why as a kid I always preferred getting the chocolate chicken instead of a bunny or egg. Always thought that the chocolate chicken would lay more chocolate eggs!!!  :dumbom:

Cheers,
James

wjwoodward wrote:

Happy Easter to all from us here in Brazil /  Feliz Páscoa a todos de nos aqui no Brasil.

Pretty eggs there Primadonna! You know, I've always wondered why we think of the Easter Bunny and eggs, when bunnies don't lay eggs?  :/

I guess that's why as a kid I always preferred getting the chocolate chicken instead of a bunny or egg. Always thought that the chocolate chicken would lay more chocolate eggs!!!  :dumbom:

Cheers,
James

Hey James this type of thing I was talking with Primadonna today. :)  She was telling me she will eat chocolate eggs tomorrow reminding of me. Then I asked whether she had chocolate hens so asked her to send me one..

wjwoodward wrote:

Cheers,
James

Because the Easter bunny hide the eggs so we can search them.
But then the question remain: why a bunny?

As a kid I wanted always the big chocolate egg with a chicken on it and stuffed with smaller eggs.
Now I am very happy that for the first time since I live abroad I have chocolate eggs from... the Netherlands!!!

You all are lucky that you are getting Chocolates but i don't get it.................please send me some.......... :(

Here you go Anil, special delivery for you:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CPTg1Y1cyLM/USePKOY9kcI/AAAAAAAAV4w/8ZfNSuprmjw/s1600/eggs_main.jpg

And this one too:

http://www.bakkerswereld.nl/Resizes/mainarticleimage/PageFiles/76/18/31876/001_food-image-1200604.jpeg

I cant send it by mail because till the time it reach you it will be probably melted or someone else will take it.
This is the safest way.

Enjoy it to the max.

Thanks a lot Primadonna............today in congo also i feel the heat of this special day of EASTER..............

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

............today in congo also i feel the heat ...

Regards,
Anil

Yes, well curry eaters are used to feeling the heat.  :)

I don't know but I suppose the bunny denotes fertility.
And as everyone knows no other animal can reproduce like rabbits can.  :D
In European countries Easter was originally a festival of fertility.
For that reason eggs are also symbolically used.

Well i am a curry eater thats true........but got good chocolates so this is a pleasant heat.........like in Europe after winter when first time sun shines........... :)

aryavrat wrote:

You all are lucky that you are getting Chocolates but i don't get it.................please send me some.......... :(

Wait dear I will give you a bunny who will lay eggs! :D

El_Jost wrote:

I don't know but I suppose the bunny denotes fertility.
And as everyone knows no other animal can reproduce like rabbits can.  :D
In European countries Easter was originally a festival of fertility.
For that reason eggs are also symbolically used.

Rabbits are positively notorious for their breeding capacity-- that's no secret. But what if a pair of rabbits will be release out to a green pasture  with patch of clover? A year later, the greenish fertile pasture will be completely barren, and dusty browned and there will be so many rabbits and all other animals will visibly struggle to avoid stepping on them.  This is not the theme of fertility!

Anyway El.. I forgot...
I wish you a very Happy Easter! :D

Wishing you a happy easter Elwin and all the other members and teams of Expat.coms.............

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR