MOVING TO BAHRAIN

Hi All.
My husband and I will be probably moving to Bahrain and I have some questions for you to advice me please!!

How safe it is for a woman there, can women go alone on the streets without problems? what about the clothing, (mostly summer) do they have to wear or not to wear certain kind of clothes... I mean e.g. not to use short skirts show to much etc?
My husband will be working in a Company where he has to be 4 days in Saudi Arabia and then come back home, I wonder if there is any chance for me  to work with the visa they will give me (Bahrain)? or Study? otherwise I'll be very boring!!
What about the weather what's the weather like in winter.....
I know it is a big change from LONDON to Bahrain (don't know which city but guess the capital).
I really appreciate any comment.
Thank you

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

Bahrain is perfectly safe for women and you don't have to worry about your dress at all. Just over Ramadan which falls in July this year you just need to be a bit cautious and make sure you are not overly exposing yourself as it is a holy month for Muslims and they appreciate the respect shown to their religion. Other than that, you can wear whatever you like. No issues at all.

You cannot work on the visa you are given, however if you find a job, your visa can easily be transferred to a visa which allows you to take employment here in Bahrain. As for the education, I don't think you need a special visa but I am not an expert on this topic so maybe someone else will have some more to say about this.

Winter months are like a pleasant British summer mostly, however some nights can get quite chilly. Depending on the place you live, you will probably never need a heater but if it gets quite chilly, a small heater will do the job.

Summer months however are unbearably hot. Today was 37 degrees for example and it is just the beginning. When it is combined with the humidity, it can easily feel like 50 at times so make sure you are mentally and physically prepared for that if you are out and about.

When you are indoors, everywhere is air conditioned so no problem with that.

Drink plenty of water and push on your Factor 50 if you are out and you'll be fine. Make sure you bring some sun cream. It's cheaper in the UK than it is here.

Bahrain has different areas but it's such a small country so it's like one city here.

To add to what brightonguy has written - you will probably get a dependent visa. You can certainly study here with that visa type. No restrictions that I know of. There are different options for you to choose from, ranging from academic/professional studies to music, art, culture and sport. Depends on what you like to study. You can also think of doing some distance-learning based studies. Best wishes.