Is GAMCA checking for HCV for IT worker going to UAE?

Hi,

As HCV is not tested in UAE for new residence visa, is HYP C test included in pre-departure medical tests done by GAMCA in worker's home country?

Are same medical tests done by GAMCA regardles of destination country and job category?

Regards,
Prog

GAMCA???
HCV??

HYP C?? !!

I don't think UAE requires GAMCA tests in home country except for labor category as everything is done here (rest of GCC does). However it may have changed from my time and may also be profession dependent. 

I was only tested for hep b, hiv and tb in the UAE for a new visa. Hep c is no longer a deportable illness.

Hi XTang,

Thanks for replying.

Can you kindly share your month, year of arrival in Dubai and country of origin?

Regards,
Prog

mohammedshafit, GAMCA is organization which manage medical testing for Labor coming to GCC countries.

I came over in June 2010 from Pakistan.

Hi XTang,

Many thanks for replying.

UAE joined GAMCA in Oct, 2011. If it is possible for you, can you please ask someone (e.g a co-worker) who came to UAE after Oct, 2011 from any of the following 10 countries about medical testing by GAMCA and share?

Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Philippines,  Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia

Thanks Again,
Prog

Asked someone.  Apparently GAMCA does HIV, Hep B, Hep C, TB and Syphilis testing for all countries.  No difference for any GCC country.  No idea how they will react to HCV but it is not a deport-able illness in the UAE.  Why don't you call GAMCA in your home country and ask them as well?

Hi XTang ,
               Need to ask you one thing will Hepatitis A will be tested at Gamca medical center's in Islamabad/Pindi ?  Test came positive for my wife with antibodies in her blood .

Not sure about GAMCA and hepatitis a. You need to ask them. But hep a is a curable disease and antibodies means she has immunity because of vaccination or otherwise so not an issue.

Thanks man much appreciated by any chance you any contact info for GAMCA centers to check for listed tests . Thats would be really helpful

No I don't. Search online

Dear friends,
Is that GAMCA test is mandatory for all categories or only labourers / workers category?
Please revert