Complete Guide for Edge of the World Trip (With Coordinates)

Hi Everyone!

Few days back we went to the so talked about Edge of the world in Riyadh! For us it was a very bumpy ride as we were not having any proper routes information and had to figure out most of it by ourselves but in the end it was all worth it. Once you reach the actual place; the view is amazing! ( http://i60.tinypic.com/dtqhf.jpg )

Anyways, below is the step by step guide in order to reach the place:

•    Starting from North Ring road heading west (From Exit 8 towards Exit 1), turn right from Exit 1. You will be on Salbukh Road.
•    On Salbukh road after travelling about 25 Km, you will see Exit for Sadous/Jubailah, take this exit and turn Left.
•    On this road set coordinates for off-road starting point (Coordinates below) and keep following directions for Uyanya and after about 30 km, take left and start off-roading. Off road trip is about 30KM!

It is very important that you take the precise Off Road starting point, you will see a track and just keep following it.

1.    Off-Roading start Point:  24.961 / 46.2208
2.    Point A: 24.9538 / 46.2105
3.    Point B: 24.9495 / 46.446
4.    Point C: 24.9584 / 46.1384
5.    Point D: 24.9631 / 46.1201
6.    Point E: 24.9608 / 46.098
7.    Point F: 24.9572 / 46.0531
8.    Point G: 24.9500 / 45.9963
9.    EOTW: 24.9495 / 45.9957

Once you reach point G, it is very difficult for car to continue. So you will have to hike the last 200m to reach the end point!

Some miscellaneous points:

1-  For sure you will be needing 4X4 vehicle
2- Trip to be done in day light. You don't want to get lost their in the dark trust me.
3- In some areas inside there will be no cell phone coverage.

Good Luck and Enjoy 

khurram86sa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Few days back we went to the so talked about Edge of the world in Riyadh! For us it was a very bumpy ride as we were not having any proper routes information and had to figure out most of it by ourselves but in the end it was all worth it. Once you reach the actual place; the view is amazing! ( http://i60.tinypic.com/dtqhf.jpg )

•    Starting from North Ring road heading west (From Exit 8 towards Exit 1), turn right from Exit 1. You will be on Salbukh Road.
•    On Salbukh road after travelling about 25 Km, you will see Exit for Sadous/Jubailah, take this exit and turn Left.
•    On this road set coordinates for off-road starting point (Coordinates below) and keep following directions for Uyanya and after about 30 km, take left and start off-roading. Off road trip is about 30KM!

It is very important that you take the precise Off Road starting point, you will see a track and just keep following it.

Once you reach point G, it is very difficult for car to continue. So you will have to hike the last 200m to reach the end point!

2- Trip to be done in day light. You don't want to get lost their in the dark trust me.

Good Luck and Enjoy 

wow...the pic looks amazing ...will definitely hit the road for this and by the way how long did it took to reach this destination from exit 8????

khurram86sa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

Good Luck and Enjoy 

Wow! I've been looking for this in ages! thanks! :thanks:

Thank you khurram86sa for the directions.
It is different place to visit.

Hey Djzubaid,

Like i said for we lost our way in the middle of desert when going to EOTW so it took lot of time for us. But if there are no hiccups and you reach directly from the path provided, I'd say around 2.5 hours from exit 8 to EOTW.

I was looking at this amazing location just yesterday and found out about it more on this blog today. I intend to visit the site. Is there somebody to contact to, like a tourism agency to guide us on our way there?

Is anyone/ any group going to EOTW?
Hoping we could come along for the ride, cause it's better to go with a group.  :)

Never ever try to go there without SUV :D
Even I have to put my SUV sometimes on 4x4 high to come out of hurdles,
I have uploaded few pictures check them out.

I went last Saturday.  Definitely 4x4 and nothing less.

I discovered that the road all the way to EOW appears on maps.  By mapping coordinates at specific points where you must stay right to avoid dead-ends, you can guide off an iPad or phone.  I used my iPad without internet, and it was able to locate my position relative to the road on maps.

Be advised.  The road shown on maps is closed at one point.  To avoid this, take the detour at the entrance gate by going right to go through the gate.  I suggest that you also map these coordinates in as you may be lead to a closed gate on your way out, otherwise. 

Avoid the dead end roads on the map as they have extremely deep debris which put our Range Rover to the test.  Once you've been, returning would be a simple matter, but if you take a wrong turn your first time around, you could easily find yourself in up to your neck (slight exaggeration).

It was well worth the effort and risk.  It's beautiful, and we had the place to ourselves.

Very nice share  :thanks:,I will definitely visit there.

I found a video in youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YlHSevZFWo

:top: Thank You. I'll surely be going there In sha Allah.