Divorce/Annulment in Morocco

why would you want an annulment?

Here is a few things I found on google about the subject and Islam

http://islamqa.info/en/cat/347http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_makes_a_ … d?#slide=1

just google this and you get alot of information

islam annulment

2 things strike me. You are very unwise to admit on a public forum that you entered into a marriage simply for papers, whether they were for you or for your (fake) spouse. Not only could you be prosecuted in Morocco for this, but you could be pursued in the UK.

Secondly, if you get an annulment, your "partner's" papers will go pouf! If the marriage never was, then the papers will be null and void. Perhaps for you, this may be a desirable outcome if the papers were for someone else and your friendship has broken down.

Personally, I hope you get caught, both of you. How dare you come on this forum crowing that you broke the law.

I misunderstood nothing. You never stated anywhere that you were tricked into marriage.

If you were tricked, I am sorry - it happens all the time when Europeans hook up with Moroccans. I've seen it dozens of times in my 45 years of coming here and living here.

Nonetheless, I find it extremely difficult to believe that you didn't consummate the marriage if, as you say, you were tricked. After all, if you found out beforehand, you wouldn't have gone through with it and if you found out afterwards, then the hanky panky would have happened. If you want an annulment you'll have to prove, presumably in the teeth of your partner's maintaining that you are lying that you were never intimate,

You know what I think. You found out after a while that the guy was a scumbag, he was probably trying to order you around, get you to stop wearing make up and so on, maybe he even slapped you a couple of times, so you just want shot of the whole thing and to get back at him with the annulment thing. I'm right, aren't I?

Right. A guy. You should have had more sense especially if you know the family and are familiar with N Africans.

Never mind. Let's see if we can help. Did you marry at the town Hall or did you convert and have a religious ceremony?

Oh, and may I ask just how you found out that it was just for papers?

OK, that's a start and it's good you didn't register this at the Town Hall.

You must look up the Moudawana, the family law which was promulgated some 7 years ago. It allows still for repudiation if marriage was never consummated.

La répudiation - Elle est soumise à l'autorisation préalable du juge. Auparavant, c'était un droit exclusif du mari, ce qui n'est plus le cas et la simple lettre de répudiation établie devant un responsable religieux ne suffit pas non plus.

Repudiation - This is subject to the prior approval of the judge. Previously, it was an exclusive right of the husband, which is no longer the case and the simple letter of repudiation established before a religious leader is no longer enough either.

I'll send you the name of a trustworthy lawyer in El Jadida by PM.

Hi!
I'm sorry your marriage didn't work out. Contacting the court for information is in your best interest. However, I do sympathize, the court there does give you the run-around, it's ridiculous--I agree! Have you tried this website for information:  http://www.service-public.ma/en/;jsessi … 923B686095
I only speak English so I am not sure about what all the services offered are.
Good Luck to you!

Yep. It happens with both sexes. Some, who fondly imagine their Moroccan partner lurves them, still have all this crap to go through.

Dude according to the moroccan family code, there is no annulment ,you can start the process of divorce ,no one can predict how much it will take even the family judge, since it depends on many factors:where are u applying the divorce,where is ur partner,do you guys agree about divorce ?Get in touch with me,I have friends who are lawyers, I can help u get some answers :)

You would be very foolish to accept this sort of offer from a chancer on a forum whom you don't know. It's far better if you look at the UK Embassy website, where there is a list of reputable lawyers recommended by satisfied customers and compiled by the Embassy itself..

Here is the link:--

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … lators.pdf

laduqesa wrote:

You would be very foolish to accept this sort of offer from a chancer on a forum whom you don't know. It's far better if you look at the UK Embassy website, where there is a list of reputable lawyers recommended by satisfied customers and compiled by the Embassy itself..

Here is the link:--

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … lators.pdf

Waaaw, a chancer even, lol I didn't know that you have skills of judging people .Laduqusa, watch ur dirty mouth and stop saying stupid words.People aren't the same and the last thing i wait in this life,is money from someone .The guy is a brother in Islam, helping him and guiding him is a MUST .But, wait, huh what do stupid people like you  know about Islam or brotherhood.I can understand those social phenomenons exist where u are from .You brought them with you to Morocco , and you are judging us on their basis .It has been more than two months, go ask him if i asked him any money or i told him to go to any lawyer .I'm waiting your apology in  a private msg, if you don't, know that your stupidity and ignorance prevent you to say the word '' SORRY''

That is a lie. I reported no one. Why should I?

There's your apology gone down the drain, not that you would have got one.

He was either banned or suspended, then joined again somehow with another account and started leaving insulting posts and sending me vile messages. He foolishly admitted that all of those stupid one word posts were only to bring his count of posts past the threshold to be able to PM people. That is suspicious in itself and I honestly am sorry that you corresponded with him. There was something dodgy there all along. Here he was giving legal advice (and no one should accept such advice unless from a qualified practitioner) and on another thread he alleged he could give cooking lessons to a girl who was looking for them and was ticked off by one of the moderators.

I'm sorry, but my initial assessment remains, he is a chancer.

And now he's rejoined for a third time and is starting again.

You should all read the terms and conditions of membership of this forum. 
They can be found at the bottom of the page.
Religious comments are not allowed on this forum, nor racist or personal attacks.

Matters relating to Family Code that describes marriage and divorce etc are stated in this document
hrea.org/moudawana.html

However, the Moroccan divorce can be a tedious process. The courts will always see the woman as victim even if the is an infidel. Further, the courts and every one will work in Arabic and almost in all cases the foreign party will be seen as a culprit as they could twist on the language.

Beware of dealing with Moroccan and marriage.

Go back to your country of origin. Your husband can not legally keep you in Morocco (I checked into this when I got married there in 2006). Once back home file for annulment/divorce there. It will be as legal as any annulment/divorce in Morocco.

Hello,
Lately my husband (of 7 years) and I have hit a rather large rough patch in our marriage. I had to return to USA to have a surgery on my knee. There have been complications and delays all along the way. While I was in USA I had to handle some finacial problems for my mother. This has also caused a delay. It has also made everything finacially tight.
My husband had to remain in Morocco due to the horrible immigration process making it impossible to have him accompany me. This has added to an already strained situation. Now my husband is suggesting our marriage is over.
I disagree. Now he is not talking to me and I am being informed he is taking the rent money so he can move from our apartment in Marrakech into a different house in a village outside Marrakech. I think he has a girlfriend in where he plans to go. This will disolve our home of residence. I am unsure where exactly he will be living when I return.  And I will be homeless.

I seriously wish to avoid any type of divorce under these circumstances.  And, I am hoping to avoid it all together.

How do I ensure my husband cannot divorce me in while I am in USA and away from Morocco?

Brother Salam
I'm a male British Muslim married to a Moroccan lady. I sponsored for her spouse visa. Soon after she entered into the country she imposed false allegations. I was arrested and now on bail. Case is due for trail. Long story short this relationship was not great from the beginning. There has been no physical relationship either. Now this relationship is completely broken. I would like to get divorce. I would appreciate if you could kindly guide me.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers bro.

laduqesa wrote:

I'll send you the name of a trustworthy lawyer in El Jadida by PM.

Could you kindly help me too by PM the contact details? Thank you.