Working as Doctor in Pointe Noire

Hello ppl,

Hoping that i could get some clarification from the forum. I have recently been asked to consider moving to Pointe Noire  for a 2 year assignment with and O&G company. I was thinking if i could move there with my partner without affecting her career. She is a doctor - GP back in our home country. Is it easy for her to get a job as a doctor in PN? Are there any regulations that is going to hinder her to get a position as a doctor in PN?

Would appreciate any comments/advise.

Thanks!

Welcome to ammonra to Expat-Blog........
I am in Pointe-Noire........i am here from 2007 and last eight months i was not here in this periods.........
You can very well come with your partner and she can get a Job,there are good hospitals and clinics are there but they don't have much Doctors.......so Possible to get job...in Net Care,Hospital Guine and there are some Clinics for Petrolium Company also and apart from this she can open her clinic and practice privately......

Regards,
Anil

Hello Anil,

Thanks for the info. Good to know that there is shortage of doctors in PN. Im just not sure if she needs to get her medical license validated in Congo as each country will have their own medical organisation usually under ministry of health that usually governs this. This will then allow her to practice medicine in PN.

Do you know of anyone who is a working doctor in PN?

Once again..thanks a ton!

Hello ammonra,

I spoke to someone , he is a local guy and says about the license .......you have to bring your medical degree or practice certificate and here they will give you the license........i asked about payment ,he replied i don't think so you have to pay much........may be small or nominal amount..........
Sorry for delay reply.......actually i was waiting for that person.......he has good hold here and local one.........

Regards,
Anil

Hello Anil,

Thank you so much for your advise. I guess the only thing stopping you from getting a job as a doctor is probably the language as we dont speak French yet.

Really appreciate your help Anil.

No not a big deal even the day i came here i was not knowing even Bonjour means good morning.......and today i can read and write .......and i speak very good french......so you will be knowing it .........

Regards,
Anil