Inquire visa

hi just wanna ask if someone here just applied thier fiancee last november 2013,,and if they already have some result from udi?

have you seen the new udi site? They have a page with average case processing times

http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/c … mes/#link8

hello.we are the same,but still early for me,i ve been applied last feb.2014

I have heard that average time of processing is 7 months.

what kind of visa is that?7 months?for me is engagement permit?you have idea how long?but the embassy told me is 6 months,i hope will not be extended.heehehe

You have to understand that even if they say 6 months, it is dependent on the load that they have in the end. Some of my acquaintances here in Norway got their fiancé visa after 6 months. It also says on UDIŽs website that usually, it takes 6 months but sometimes it can take longer. I hope you get your visa within the time frame though :) Good Luck!!!

albjornstad wrote:

Some of my acquaintances here in Norway got their fiancé visa after 6 months. It also says on UDIŽs website that usually, it takes 6 months but sometimes it can take longer.

the link I posted above lumps all the family immigration visas together and says they are now taking 9 months, and that they have a heavy load of applications. Not sure if that applies to new applications or anyone who applied recently.

Yes,God only knows..I have a friend also in the Philippiines.she got her fiancee in 3 months only.Then my neighbor here also.she apply for a family visa to her son.the embassy told them,about 6weeks,and they recieved 1 week only.

Hi ludz:) mine takes almost 6 months  soon waiting...but its ok keep hoping it come soon,,,keep in touch:)

hello Madz?where are you now?You will be in 6 months now this month Madz?

I dont know Madz what is true,because i had a friend,there is possible in 3 months if you are lucky.

Fiancee visa or engagement visa is just the same?it takes 6 months.
How about Residence permit?I heared now the latest news that the residence permit instead of 6 months,it will become 9 months.that new policy from udi.I hope in fiancee visa or engagement permit will not extended.huhuhuhu.

Hello.you believe me or not.I have a friend here in the Philippines living in the Davao city.she is so lucky.they are applying a family visa.it take almost two weeks only..

You get your residence permit once you get here. You will get 6 months permit. Within that time frame, you have to get married. Once you are married, you will be applying for residence and working permit. This process does not take a long time since you would be receiving this from the local police station.

-----> referring to ludz comment on residence permit

Me last december 2013... No.news yet....what about you did you receieve answer yet?
@mads: did the embassy return your passport after your appearance?

@voncherie yes they give my passport back and still on waiting for the visa till now...

@mads: did you receive formal letter from udi stated that they receive your application? Have you been to norway for tourist before you applied for fiancee visa?

I have been 6 months on fiancee visa before

Soo youve been to norway before? I heard the processing goes faster if you have been to norway....did you used the power of attorney on your application?
Did you receive formal letter from udi after your interview?

No need for that..and no formal letter from UDI..because they said it was no need

We receive a formal letter from udi one month after my application was submitted..it was stated that they receive my application for fiancee visa...it was sent to my fiancees address in norway.
and they will notify us.

We sent mails to UDI asking..and they say they will send mail when the result is ready

still early for you to wait.engagement permit or fiancee is about 6 months to wait,by June maybe you get the result from the Udi.

for me,after my appearance,one week later, my partner Norwegian received  the confirmation from the udi that they recieved my application.but i know already the processing,is about 6 months,sometimes there was the applicant lucky for 3 months from the result.

@luds: did you used the power of attorney as well? When did you apply?

Did you know where to receive the answer? On e mails or post office?

by the way,about passport as i know,they will give it back to you,if you have the result from the Udi.or maybe the embassy will contact to you to get your visa and passport.the reason why they get the passport from your appearance,if ever you have the result from the udi,the embassy will attach your visa to your passport.

Yeah im aware of it.....

no,we dont need to used special power of attorney,the purpose of the SPA,when your partner norwegian want to inquire your application,and he have the right to inquire if you want to give the permission to him to inquire to the udi.

the embassy told me about that,thats why i dont use SPA.anyway its no need SPA.the sponsor have the right to inquire anytime to the udi about our application.

i did apply last feb.28 until now still waiting,anyway still early for me to  follow up,hehee

Voncherie...Actually when we apply the visa especially fiancee or engagement permit.the embassy officer incharge will get your passport,because the reason they will attach the visa to your passport as well.

If ever you the result from the udi,just contact to the embassy to pick up your passport and the result..

Voncherie,about someone you have known.Is she recieved the result from the udi?i mean her visa is granted?if her visa is granted why she dont get her passport with visa?if not granted she has the right to get it back her passport.i dont know,i have a lot of friends in Norway,it will never happen to them.

if your visa is granted...your partner first will recieve the result from the udi through post office.the udi will inform you also and the embassy,

if your visa is granted...your partner first will recieve the result from the udi through post office.the udi will inform you also and the embassy,

Hello all,

The fiancé permit wait time is 9 months... This was updated in February I believe.
I applied for mine in Oct 2013 and I am still waiting.
Plan accordingly.

D

Thanks luds;)

guess it depends...as known someone she applied last november and the results went out last april.

What i mean with that......the applicants last 2013....the officer has to return the passport back to its owner due to the reasons of 6-7 months waiting time and once had the answer need to bring the pass back soo they can stamp the visa on the pass.

no.it depends at the Udi decission..not all applicant waiting for 9 months..

one of my partner friend,her appearance at the embassy last oct.2013,and she received here visa last april,2014.
so how many months shes waiting?,from oct,2013 to april,2013,its about 6 months.so we dont know yet the decission from the udi,sometimes,they will approved,3 months,6 months,7months,9,months,Is not the same,it depends by the load.

You never really know how long its going to take with the UDI. Maybe its a factor where you are moving from? I am moving from the States and applied in OCT. and have not received any type of update from the UDI. Granted they tell you not to call them lol.

There has to be other factors aside from work load. And I did not have to give them my passport. My advice is just to plan like its going to take  9 months and if it happens earlier then GREAT !!!

D

yes you are right,we dont really know how long its going to take with the udi.But i did proved to the other applicants,they are lucky and received great result quickly,'

Yes you are right ,It is the factor where we are moving from,but this is proven from the Philippines,they have good results quickly.God knows..

Anyway,its okay for me how long to wait the result,the important i have a good commitment with my fiancée everyday,we have something to do to make us busy always,skype and etc.
All i can say,we need to be patient.and have fun.

Talk to someone...she apply for fiancee visa last april,2014.