Purchase of washing machine and dryer

Hi all.

I am Allwyn with family in Brussels, and soon shifting to a detached house on the periphery.

I need to buy a 7 kg washing machine and a 7kg dryer.

Which are the good, value-for-money brands ?
Energy usage is also a factor.

Then I also require a freezer since The rented house only has a refrigerator.
People are advising a Combi fridge.

I visited Krefel in Overijse. There the Miele, Liebehr, Siemens brands were expensive.
The comparatively cheaper ones were AEG, Whirlpool, Technolux, Samsung.

I wonder what my budget should be.

Waiting for replies.

Regards, Allwyn.

Krefel is cheapest 9 times out of 10.  If you sell on in a few years, the expensive brands are unlikely to hold their value, I've never gained from buying more expensive. Most rented houses come with all these appliances :-(

You can also look on facebook groups, people often, and especially at this time of year, sell appliances they've had to buy.

facebook.com/groups/Brussels4Sale/
facebook.com/groups/392213734210774/

The cheapest you could get is from second hand. Try 2ememain website or go on Sunday morning to the Marche Matinal (Quai des Usines)
If you need new, try Krefel and Vandenborre (check the promo on their websites). MediaMarkt is cheap too but very bad customer service. Don't forget supermarkets Carrefour and Cora. The advantage of Krefel and Vandenborre is the free delivery !

SonnyCrockett wrote:

The cheapest you could get is from second hand. Try 2ememain website or go on Sunday morning to the Marche Matinal (Quai des Usines)

Thanks for the info Sonny Crockett. But do they really sell second hand fridge, washing machine, etc also in the Marche Matinal? If they do, i would like to visit, because me and my husband kinda need it too since we're planning to move to Brussels. There is weekly market here too in Ath, but they don't sell that kind of stuff. They just sells food, clothes, cosmetics, etc.

Enny Frans wrote:
SonnyCrockett wrote:

Thanks for the info Sonny Crockett. But do they really sell second hand fridge, washing machine, etc also in the Marche Matinal? If they do, i would like to visit, because me and my husband kinda need it too since we're planning to move to Brussels. There is weekly market here too in Ath, but they don't sell that kind of stuff. They just sells food, clothes, cosmetics, etc.

Yes washing machines I am 100% sure. For the rest they sometimes have. they have furniture too, full bedrooms. Everything you need for the house (DIY, painting). It's a "marché aux puces", it's all second hand, sometimes they have very new stuff, sale at discount.You should bring a big car, but sometimes you can find someone who can arrange delivery. And by the way, beware of scammers. A lot of sellers come from the Netherlands

Thanks sonny :) very helpful...

Well, I finally got the washing machine, dryer from Krefel.

I got the reasonable top-end stuff.
Washing machine - Siemens 8kg - 600 Euros
Dryer - Bosch 7kg - 700 euros
Good A+++ machines.
Though expensive, I got them with extended warranties for 99 Euros for 3 years extra for a total of 5 years peace of mind.

Delivery in 2 days with 30 days-moneyback policy.

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards, Allwyn.