Driving license of home Country is require to get driving license KSA?

Dear Friends,

I will be moving very soon to Saudi, I have applied for driving license in my country and will get it in few days, please advice it is compulsory to get the license in KSA ? is there any rule in which your home country driving license should be more than 3 years Old for consideration in KSA ?

Please advice.

Thanks all.

Regards,

Hi there,

It's better to be having a local DL while you are in the town. I THINK it is ok to have your country DL for a couple of months, but it should be an int'l one unless you're holding one of those Gulf countries then you are ok.

On the other hand, driving in SA is totally different from anywhere else. It's not a big deal if you holding DL or no but you gotta be good driver. I mean really good driver. (you will discover it by the time then). Also, it depends in which city you will be living at.

My Regards,
T.Y

Hello Taz_Y,

Thanks a lot.

I will be moving to Saudi Arabia Jeddah and I am from India Mumbai....I don't know Mumbai's driving license will be useful or not while applying for License in Jeddah.

Thanks for replying.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards...

Answering your questions, if you already have a driving license from your home country, it helps you avoid the usually five-day theoretical and practical training plus the fee associated with it. It also, therefore, saves you time. However, I heard that the license should be at least 5 years old for such provision.

Hope it helps

Dear Brother,

this is only my concern, my driving license will not be even 1or 2 months old so it will be considered for this provision ? anybody having clear Idea about it ? I hope am not wasting my time in making driving licens from home country.

please advice frined any one of you having any Idea on this ?

Best Regards.......

Getting the driving license in your home country won't hurt. I suggest you continue this process there until someone is able to give you the exact information on this.

Hi Everybody,
regarding the driving licence if you have your home country driving licence do the arabic translation and attest it from saudi consulate or Embassy or you can bring with you in Saudi Go to Driving school like in Jeddah its Dallah driving school do the arabic translation and apply for driving licence now the Question is Y u need your home country driving licence ???
If you have your home country driving licence with you in Saudi, You can directly apply for the licence and eligible for the driving test including, the traffic signs knowledge test and a driving test inside the school otherwise if you dont have licence they will ask you to take admission and almost 15 to 90 days will take to get the licence. If you need any help Please dont hesitate inbox me. Thanks
[Moderated: inappropriate advice]