Help needed moving to kazakhstan

Hello
Can anyone guide me to right direction i am in Pakistan & want to move to Kazakhstan. What i need to do step by step can anyone guide me?

Thanks,

Noman Salim

If you are not bringing a load of stuff with you, (subject to visa) just jump on a plane and take note of the luggage limit of approx. 24 kilos... However if you are bringing everything with you for a long stay etc. use a logistics firm...

Kazakhstan is huge and there is a difference between Almaty and Astana; I strongly suggest you come and visit first and make sure it is to your liking...

I hope this helps.

My best wishes,

Darren Thompson

Jobs for expats are mostly for at least degree holders and +/- 10 years experience in related area because the Kazakh govt. will not issue work permits for lesser experience. You can try - job.kz for jobs but the job market is not as good as before because many jobless people from Europe (Italy, Spain, Greece, etc.) are coming here to look for jobs and they can get their work permits very easily. Knowledge of Russian language is almost a must and it is very rare that someone can be considered for a job without this.

No visit visas for Pakistan, India, Nepal and about 20 other countries. You can only come on a business visa that is valid for 1 month. A local company must apply on your behalf and guarantee that you will not work or try to overstay. The cost of processing in the Foreign Ministry here is about 250$. Visa fee in Embassy in Islamabad is around 130$.

Standard of life is good and very open culture and hence expensive. You need about 1500$ per month to live a normal life. Although majority call themselves Muslims but very few know the basics of religion. Alcohol, pork, all vices of the west are readily available.

There are no odd jobs and it is illegal. Immigration police keeps sniffing all the time and you can easily land in jail for a good period if found working on a business visa.

Below is what people do to get a residency (pink card) and then find a job or do business freely.
Residency: Only 3 categories.
1. if you are married to a local and have common children
2. if you have your own existing business for at least 3 years with a value of about 150 000 Dollars and at least 10 local employees.
3. If you have been working here legally for 5 years on a work permit.

In all of the above cases, you need a deposit of about US$15000 for about 3 months in the bank and about 5000 Dollars under the table to get your card processed.

Regards.

"... and have common children"

Is this correct?

It is certainly not the case in Ust-Kamenogorsk that you must have children, or Almaty, merely that you are married.

It once was the law (up until around 2013) that you be married for a minimum of three years, but I've not heard of that being applied recently (late 2013-2014).

Would you be able to clarify that point regarding children please?

Cheers, Peter.