No decent men?

This is a major problem I have been suffering from since the first day I landed in this hell hole town called Kuwait. Is it me or aren't there any good decent Kuwaiti men? Im so tired of being hit on and once they realise they are heading no where they stop helping? WHERE ARE THE MANNERS, PEOPLE?!?!? My distant cousin and I have been struggling with places to rent, I can't find any suitable place or to be more honest "any decent flatmate". We are looking for a place with one bedroom to stay in, hopefully I will find westerns whom willing to share with us..

Hi, Try this for a flat share
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/middle-east/kuwait/
and this for social network
https://www.expat.com/en/network/middle-east/kuwait/

Thank you, darling.

Somehow the Arabic men think the Russian women very attractive and they will do almost everything to get what they want. If they are not succeed in their mission they will drop you at once.
Knowing this I hope that you are be careful.

Wish you all the best.

petty33 wrote:

This is a major problem I have been suffering from since the first day I landed in this hell hole town called Kuwait. Is it me or aren't there any good decent Kuwaiti men? Im so tired of being hit on and once they realise they are heading no where they stop helping? WHERE ARE THE MANNERS, PEOPLE?!?!? My distant cousin and I have been struggling with places to rent, I can't find any suitable place or to be more honest "any decent flatmate". We are looking for a place with one bedroom to stay in, hopefully I will find westerns whom willing to share with us..

Hi Petty, :)

You are new to the place.  As such you are at the struggling beginning of your adventure.
Also keep in mind that foreigners are not like your countrymen: different habits, different food, different language, different everything.
Take your time.

As for the decent men, they work from their home office and do not really care about the indecent men.  :cool:
They save time and money on transit because one of their goals of choosing to work from home was not to mix with the plebeians and stay away from everything and everybody to begin with.

I assure you that you need no Kuwaiti man to help you.  Where are the decent Kuwaiti women?

Dear Sister,

watch out for yourself,there are lot of desperate men and boys around.they only want to fulfill their desires if you think they are helping more than needed. some of them will even follow you and try to find you residence,and they will stalk you.when ever someone tries to start a conversation with you,make sure you are in a populated area.

I believe you are blonde,and if you come across men whom you know you will not be comfortable talking to,cover your head, seeing blonde they get turned on,and they will try talking to you longer.

Stay away from crowded areas, as most people will invade your personal space.

Also if you are working here,take same care at you work place also,as there was this polish woman in Dubai who was a victim of crime and she was charged with the crime.later due to the help from embassy she was released and Amir pardoned her and sent back home.

Avoid staying out at night on weekends especially.always ensure to lock your doors when you are home. if  you happen to live on first floor,lock you balcony and windows too,as there was an attempt in my building recently by someone who tried to barge in using a ladder,but no one was harmed.

Stay safe.

for residence try this website.

http://kuwait.q8residence.com/

I think it's a bit unfair to assume there are no decent men around. I agree Kuwait could easily be very uncomfortable for ladies, but looking more closely to the matter you'll realize that it really depends on where you live and where you hang around.

I believe Salmiya is one of the friendliest areas for expats. Even though I don't live there but I highly recommend it. As for the delinquent, degenerate, uncivilized, indecent men, they are easy to spot and probably easy to avoid (I don't know I wasn't hit on by an indecent man before :P ).

Summary is, common sense will keep you safe in general. With a little bit more luck you'll have a good time here. That's just my opinion, but I believe other ladies could be more accurate on the matter.

welcome to Kuwait...or better say to Middle East ...first advice change your picture on your profile...глаз не видит,зуб не ймет   good luck    P.S. for sorry find furnished flat or studio for 150 -200 kd  at Salmiya...I think impossible

petty33,you should probabaly look for sharing with some decent ladies.

There aren't many decent men here, Kuwaiti or not, most look out for their needs and love to find a damsel in distress to take advantage of the situation. Beauty in this country is not a plus, the more beautiful you are the more men want to take "help you" until they find out you want nothing then they run off. As long as you are up front with any male you meet it will be a better situation, but trust no man here. Have you found a flat yet?

Trust no man? ... I agree!
There aren't many decent men? .... I beg to differ.

If most of the men you meet are single men who lead very stressful lives and not getting what they need (in general terms), deviant behavior is bound to take place. In a better situation many of the can be very decent.

Well, it's not a valuable opinion I'm giving here, since the matter is more relevant to ladies. But I wanted to point out that there is something wrong with the demographics here and it manifests itself as social abnormalities, one of which is indecency.

Hi there,
If you are still looking to share accommodation, I  would certainly consider it.
Please get in touch if interested, I am living in Salmiya.
Mobile: 66301729
Keith Taylor (English Gent).

If you say so, but again you are not female so your opinion is a generic one. The majority of workers who come here leave their wives and families at home and start to play around while they are abroad, American men are famous for that.

I don't have a problem with ladies complaining about indecency. My problem is that, due to this being the prevalent sentiment towards men, I would often find myself in a situation where I'm treated as indecent until proven otherwise. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's regrettable.

What are your requirements?
I have a 2-bedroomer, furnished, in Salmiyah that I would like to rent.
If it suits you, sms or whatsapp me on 66696996
I can send you some photos or have you visit the place to see it yourself.

this is what we are talking about.the subject discussion.

Indecency is everywhere kuwait or not!! Yes i agree that u will find alot of horndogs out there, but its the same everywhere u just hv to chose people more wisely and be smart about whom to talk to or depend on for help...

And for the apartment my advice is to get your own , dont share unless u know the person ur sharing with and under no circumstances u share with a kuwaity

your are talking as if you are an angel, bby,  it is action and reaction,
if you were nice , people will be nice to you , if u were bitch , they will be worse.
so please, judge yourself before you judge the others.

Can i share ?

Wan places for weterners . specially in salwa and Fintas..  Please dubizzle. Com
Flate sharing .. Be careful choosing your flat mates.
All the best

Yes for sure , it is the best place where u can express urself

leleka wrote:

welcome to Kuwait...or better say to Middle East ...first advice change your picture on your profile...глаз не видит,зуб не ймет   good luck    P.S. for sorry find furnished flat or studio for 150 -200 kd  at Salmiya...I think impossible

Kuwait is different than the Middle East, I don't accept that :D take a look at Dubai, Egypt, Lebanon. It's not like Kuwait. Indecent  men are everywhere, but not like here :)

so im a bit lost here; is the topic of discussion the fact that men (all over the world) are guilty until proven innocent in terms of decency, or are we trying to help a fellow expat find accommodation?

there is a saying in Arabic that would justify what our comrade (j/k :P) is saying; it goes along the lines of he who's tongue is burnt by soup will be cautious when eating yogurt.

so yes, be cautious around people you do not know, but do not treat them in such a way as that u believe they are of a one-track mind. i believe that attitude is what causes them to revert to their primal nature.

as for the accommodation part; share with people you know, friends or friends of friends, but not strangers. again, this depends on your personality and ability to cope with them.

all the best.

Take this from me and I'm a KUWAITI girl:

While not all our men are like this and there are a bunch of decent men but MOST of them are! Unfortunately..

Never ask a Kuwaiti/Khaleeji man for help. Always ask a girl! This is not a free country so most will assume that you are approaching them.

And it's not like the Westeners and other foreigners are the Holy Grail here! *facepalm*
You're the one who gets to make the person you are talking with to respect you after all.

Men are men and you are gorgeous. So, be careful of whomever.

You'll get used to it =)

What !!! Men and women's looking for what thy need in all world
There is bad women's and bad men's  pls it's human soul !
It's not about Arabs or others women or men
So pls ppl don't mix it and master it to any
Thanks 
And here what you may find some 

http://kuwait.dubizzle.com/en/property- … nt/search/

I said "MOST" not all of our men.

So instead of her taking the chance of either talking to a decent/indecent RANDOM man she could be saving both her time and efforts avoiding all the possible drama by talking to a GIRL.

In every bad eggs there's certainly a good one. Maybe u might not have come across a decent Kuwaiti man but I bet you there are number of them, I particularly I've came across lots of them most of the time when I'm going out some will park near me ask where I'm going and give a free ride.

Just take your time I'm sure u gonna come across the very decent one someday before u go back to your country.

I didn't read all of the replies, but in response to your original posting, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm from the USA and here for about 6 months. If you need help anything, feel free to ask me. I'm happily married with wife and kids back in the US, do I'm not looking for anything in return. I'm a pretty handy guy, can fix almost anything, and have learned my way around the city. (A little). The only thing I'm looking to take away is not sitting in my flat with nothing to do. Don't take advantage and I will do almost anything to help someone. I would hope someone would do the same for my wife or daughters back home... Just send me a private message and I'll give you my number if I can help.

I Only see men responding here, females almost not bkthered to comment  :P

(Moderated: off topic)

different countries,same mentality....

leleka wrote:

My dear! Testosterone has no nationality :P Just like gentle-manhood has no race.

I personally find one statement made by @petty33 quite revealing, and I'm surprised that nobody here seems to have picked up on it before.

petty33 wrote:

Is it me or aren't there any good decent Kuwaiti men? Im so tired of being hit on and once they realise they are heading no where they stop helping? WHERE ARE THE MANNERS, PEOPLE?!?!?

Different cultures, different practices and different views.

Some cultures are quite accustomed to women making full use of the "weaker sex" role, they thrive on it, take advantage of it by turning on the charm to get whatever they want. If you try that in a culture where it is not as common then of course it's going to lead many men into thinking that the woman is actually looking for something else. I'm not defending them, it's clearly wrong, but it is an understandable AND PREDICTABLE outcome.

So rather than complaining and branding ALL men as perverts, look first at how your interaction with them is flowing. If you're looking for something like accommodations then your actions should be purely BUSINESSLIKE and nothing else. There is no reason or necessity to try and "charm" those around you into helping you, it is actually counterproductive since your intentions will most likely be misread. This is specially true in male-dominated societies like in Middle Eastern countries.

So, while appealing to the "Knight in Shining Armor" side in men in European countries and your homeland Russia may well work just fine there; this tactic is sure to backfire on you in other countries.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying this is the OP's fault, I am saying that no matter what you do you have to consider how cultural differences are going to effect the outcome. What works in Moscow may not necessarily work in Jaber Al Ali, or in London or São Paulo.

justfedup wrote:
leleka wrote:

My dear! Testosterone has no nationality :P Just like gentle-manhood has no race.

Lol  :lol:

The cheek of it i say the same about the girls!!!! but i would agree with you to be fair its pretty boring and crap.

There are respected people in Kuwait, maybe u did not get tha chance to meet them

take it easy and calm down

petty33 wrote:

how are you today ?

I'm sure she's calm...that was two years ago.

MisterStretch wrote:

I'm sure she's calm...that was two years ago.

:thanks:

Indeed lovely members,  you're posting on a old and inactive thread.  She had enough time to cool down.

Closed