How are your family experiences as Expat wives?

I have been considering moving overseas because I would like to experience a new place, but I haven't decided to settle down in a foreign land or raise children there. I do and don't care when it comes how people view me outside of an immediate family, but I know that relationship building is important to feeling comfortable. As a married expat, what are your experiences? What are the pros and cons? Do you feel your husband is treated differently than you are? I understand that location plays a major part in how marriages are conducted and how women are viewed. Also, if there are any husbands here, if you felt that your wife was uncomfortable(if you have had this experience feel free to share), would you consider moving? Responses would be greatly appreciated.

I am not scared, I just am interested in know how other families deal with the environment overseas and what goes into it.

Its all depends upon your understandings with your partner.........if you both are in good relation and trust each other, things goes well......but if you both doubts on  one others then the story will be worst.........might be not true for all....

It is important that all major decisions affecting the family, and especially those about moving elsewhere, are made together and both partners support it. If not, you are bound to fail!
If one partner feels he/she gave up loved aspects of his/her life without sufficient compensation, problems will arise sooner or later. Thus make sure both partners have something to gain from the move!

It really should have no effect. If however you are running "away" from something or have "baggage" that you are leaving behind.  Guess what.... this stuff follows you. So these same problems will still exist.

Bob K

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR