Need advice for my further study

Hi everyone

After travelling to NZ, I love it so much and decide to  apply for post-graduate study program next year. I graduated from Master in Tourism and BA in Business from my country. I used to work in hospitality industry. If I wanna do further education,it seems I had better to do PHD. However, I am not really interested in being a research or professor in my whole life so no point to go this way. I actually would like to change my career so stuy something practical could be better. I am thinking to study event management, communication, or sport/ recreation. Could you give advice which one is easier to get job in NZ?

skatingirl wrote:

Hi everyone

After travelling to NZ, I love it so much and decide to  apply for post-graduate study program next year. I graduated from Master in Tourism and BA in Business from my country. I used to work in hospitality industry. If I wanna do further education,it seems I had better to do PHD. However, I am not really interested in being a research or professor in my whole life so no point to go this way. I actually would like to change my career so stuy something practical could be better. I am thinking to study event management, communication, or sport/ recreation. Could you give advice which one is easier to get job in NZ?

There is not much work around in either of the areas you are considering. I would stick to Getting the PHD as this qualification may well lead to overseas work once you have it.

Hi, I have only seen your post today -
It is always possible to study a different programme.  It is not common for those who have completed a bachelor degree or even with Masters degree studying a diploma programme.  There are many cases in NZ that International Student enrols to a lower level of qualification while they have a bachelor or bachelor & masters degree, for some reasons like easier finding a job.