Schooling

Can anybody help me with state schools please around the sliema are my boys are 5,9 & 11. Thanks

St Clares is the state school in Sliema up to Year 6 and then its to Pembroke so your 5 and 9 would be good for Sliema.. Its no hassle getting them in once you have all the paper work they asked you for...All notes, meetings etc are not in both English and Maltese due to high number of non-speaking Maltese attending the school... You need to speak with Ms White in Floriana in order to get the kids in...I have my two kids at it after taking them out of Private School and couldn't fault it... They are opening up an afterschool club and Summer school also... Any questions let me know.

Hi could u tell me what documents I need to register my child for school in Malta?

Hi, it depends on your situation and if your an EU Citizen or not..  But you will need both your own and your partner's passport and wedding certificate if your married. The boys Passports and birth certificates, proof of residence (rental agreement). You also need a Screening Cerfiticate from Qormi Polyclinic... Don't even attempt to go the offices until you have all of this information.. You don't need appointment but suggest you go there as early as you can... Anything else just let me know..

Thank you. I'm not married but divorced will they require the divorce agreement?

K87 wrote:

Thank you. I'm not married but divorced will they require the divorce agreement?

You will need written consent from the father or substantial proof that you have full rights over the child.

Do you know what the best senior school is near silema? Thanks

Hi all

Does anyone know which is the state high school for the Balzan catchment area for my 15 year old daughter??? We are arriving in May and wish to get her enrolled as soon as possible. We have a got a place to rent (according to the map) next to St Aloysius College. But as far as I can find out this is a boys school. I have read that more schools will be co-ed in the next few years too....Hoping somebody would be able to give me the heads up on a location/area where I need to get her too.

Thanks
Catherine

Hi, I'm just reading through as my family and I intend on moving to Malta in September. Could someone please tell me what the Qormi screening certificate is and what it entails? Thanks in advance.

You need a certificate to say that your child is free of TB. You get this from Qormi Polyclinic, if you have a British passport they give it to you automatically. No test needed

Thanks for clearing that up for me Lori  :)