Offer to work as a receptionist in one of the resorts in Maldives.

Hi there! I am a newbie here. I would like to ask for your help. I have a job offer to work as a receptionist in one of the resorts in Maldives, the name of the resort is Paradise Island Resort and Spa, it is located in Male. Do you have any idea about this resort?is it a good one?do you know something about the type of accommodation they have for their staffs?do they have a competitive compensation and benefits compared to other resorts out there?Please help me, this would be my first time to work out of my country that's why i feel excited yet nervous. Thank you!

Hi lovelyzel,

I created a new topic from your post for better visibility and interaction on the Maldives forum.

Regards,

David.

Hi there.

Paradise Island Resort and Spa is not in Male'. Its 20 minutes away from Male' by speed boat and perhaps about an hour by normal boat (called locally as "Dhoni").

You should know that these are small islands and therefore you will be quite isolated. The only people you will see each day will be staff of your hotel and of course the guests. Downside - very boring and at times depressing. Upside - you will save all your money because there is nothing to spend to your money on.

On off days, you may be able to visit Male' or Hulhumale' , which are both also small islands. Its a different type of a life and if you enjoy quite and calm life then you should go. If you need lot of action, then you will get frustrated fairly quickly.

I don't know the answers to your other questions so I will leave it to others to respond.

Thank you very much for the information Mr. Farhaz. That was a great help! =)

All the best!