Vietnam to English dictionary

I'm currently studying Vietnamese.
I'm looking for a good electronic dictionary any suggestions?

if not do you know any good bookshops that sell dictionaries?

You can go to Nguyen Thi Minh Khai street,dist 5 to find some dictionaries. The book shops on the street are well-known for any kinds of  language books. You can also go to Nguyen Van Cu bookstore,dist 5 or go to phong vu computer shop located at the nguyen thi minh khai-cmtt corner to buy a cd named Lac Viet dictionary and then install it on your laptop. This cd is cheap!

This one is quite helpful as it also gives sentences

http://www.hellochao.vn/

About electronic dictionary,you can visit Nguyen Kim shop located on Tran Hung Dao,no 63-65-67,dist 1. Otherwise, Phan khang shop which is on  tran hung dao street,no 29B,dist 5.

About electronic dictionary,you can visit Nguyen Kim shop located on Tran Hung Dao,no 63-65-67,dist 1. Otherwise, Phan khang shop which is on  tran hung dao street,no 29B,dist 5.

thank you again.

what is the approx price?

Book stores and electronics shops sells it.
Check here for a vrious price range.

the website is great. thank you

Those electronic dictionaries are good for English pronunciation, but the Vietnamese pronunciation is not good.

colinoscapee wrote:

Those electronic dictionaries are good for English pronunciation, but the Vietnamese pronunciation is not good.

And the cheaper ones, only translate one word at a time, which makes them next to useless ,  unless you are learning English.

bluenz wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

And the cheaper ones, only translate one word at a time, which makes them next to useless ,  unless you are learning English.

I didnt realise that you could get ones that do sentences, I went and checked them out and couldnt find one that does sentences. Do you know which one can, as I thought it was impossible to get one due to the fact many things wont translate clearly.

colinoscapee wrote:
bluenz wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

I didnt realise that you could get ones that do sentences, I went and checked them out and couldnt find one that does sentences. Do you know which one can, as I thought it was impossible to get one due to the fact many things wont translate clearly.

I assumed if you were paying 5 or 6mil that they could do sentences????, I now use Google translate on my cheap smart phone, you can save phrases, it has a speaking mode as well,  usually does the trick, but sometimes it's not always the translation that isn't understood. ( my wife understood one translation, but the boy at the bike shop acted like he was stupid or something, maybe he couldn't read?  might have been because I had please, at the end of it, that would have confused him).

Yeah, value for money of course  :D

Here is the text translator dictionary:
http://www.trano.com/Vietnamese-English … acher.html
I am not sure about accuracy  :D

colinoscapee wrote:

Electric dictionary is quite expensive, the cheap one doesn't work well. You can use google translate or online dictionaries like vdict.com/ . However, you should use simple sentence ( like I am Sam/ This is my dog....) and should not use relative clause or complex sentence....

If you are living in the center of HCM, Nguyen Hue book store is convenient for you (on Nguyen Hue street)

Enjoy learning Vietnamese  :D