Business opportunities. Why not?

I need your advises:
- I have friends who has few nice, good vilas in District 7 and around there, which is 10 mins driving to Dist.1. The vilas has from 4 to 6 bedrooms, kind of full equipped (without TV & refrigerator for each room), located in clean, safe, secure & high standard areas. The rooms have balconies, private bathrooms & tenants share large kitchen, living rooms, rooftop, garden,... I think it must be more private and comfortable than living in a small apartment then you have to buy other stuffs like cooks, dishes, utensils, ...
They lease them for me with reasonable price comparing to leasing to expats. I can see many expats here looking for a place to stay. Should I rent the house and lease them to other expats? Or just find an expat family and lease them?
The problem is if I do this, I don't know about the needs and I have to equipped them with TV and small refrigerators (expats don't want to share refrigerators, rite?). I'm not sure if I should do it.

- My cousin own a furniture factory which export furniture (like oak beds, chairs, tables, mirrors, dinning tables, bookshelves, ..) to Europe, America, Japan. She always produces more to inspection and in case there's more need or errors and to sell in Vietnam market at local price.
Can I sell it to expats? No mentioning that the price surely are cheaper than in other countries, it's even cheaper comparing to Vietnam market. Right now I'm selling online at my FB page. The guarantee is that if the delivered products are not exactly the same (material, quality & size), I'll return the all deposit (customers deposit half of the order total).

- I can see the need of countries' local products in Vietnam from both expats & Vietnamese. Is there any opportunities to cooperate with foreigners to import stuffs into Vietnam? I want to start from a very small scale at the beginning then expand it if the market gives good reaction.

Anyone can give me advise?
Thanks with regards,
Vi

If you take the lease on,when the lease expires for your tenants it may take a few months to find other tenants and your stuck paying rent on an empty villa.

Hi ! I admired yr English and i've read your threads .My English very limited (too bad) because i teaching myseif , I just thing you have house,rooms for rent that get more benefit and easy than open a furniture shop .or you mean working on exporting/importing furniture goods ? you have to have someone (assistant) do marketing,ad,tax,sell...to run yr business.! Vietnam is developping country and its need more resources for now and future.with nearly 90 m people.

Hi!
Right now I'm focusing on online business, not opening a furniture shop or import/export things.

Any advise?
Or should I post this in "Work" section?

You asked two questions, I answered one, maybe the other questions is too difficult to answer.

Hi Scarletvn..
I just entered this forum and as doing my own business, I think I can also contribute a little into your startup idea..
For the first part: In order to rent out those villas partially/fully furnished to expats, at first you need to draw a whole management plan which definitely comes with the needs of individual in general.
After that, you have to consider the local laws and it's requirements as your intended customers will be foreigners.
Then prepare a complete price lists (without including your intended wooden furniture stuff as you should mention that as an affordable option to be selected by your tenants).
Just make sure that you take good care of property maintenance services and don't forget to add those charges in tenancy agreement.
Now come to the step 2: As you are already on a right track, keep continue your marketing through FB or other online forums as it is the best initial way to promote your business in and around Vietnam.
At the end..
Good luck with your venture and feel free to ask for any further questions..
Cheers,
Aaron

Hi Scarletvn..
I just entered this forum and as doing my own business, I think I can also contribute a little into your startup idea..
For the first part: In order to rent out those villas partially/fully furnished to expats, at first you need to draw a whole management plan which definitely comes with the needs of individual in general.
After that, you have to consider the local laws and it's requirements as your intended customers will be foreigners.
Then prepare a complete price lists (without including your intended wooden furniture stuff as you should mention that as an affordable option to be selected by your tenants).
Just make sure that you take good care of property maintenance services and don't forget to add those charges in tenancy agreement.
Now come to the step 2: As you are already on a right track, keep continue your marketing through FB or other online forums as it is the best initial way to promote your business in and around Vietnam.
At the end..
Good luck with your venture and feel free to ask for any further questions..
Cheers,
Aaron

Thanks for replying! I'll carefully consider about what you recommend.

In my opinion, you should wait some more months to do some business. Leasing/re-renting seems like easy but actually it's not easy as you think. Now you are free but after some time you will be very busy (you know what I mean) with family so need some other people to handle your business. When someone handle your business means you won't get much benefit. When you can spend more time for that you can be active. If your husband can manage everything it's okay.

I'm single mom, so I'll handle all by myself. I'm leasing my house now and everything seems ok.
On the other hand, I'm managing business projects so I can't let me taken too much time because of "what you mean". :)
However your idea is good, I have to wait until this July or August to start my business. But I think I can start now by doing market research and some preparation.

:)

It is far different between house for foreigner rent and local rent. You can put yourseft in a danger of penalizing by civil police if they suddenly come to check your place. If you do not have lisense, forgeiner can not tabernacle in your house also. Please consider this problem if you want to do business professionally. Good luck!
P/s: I'm single mom, too. I have to manage everything myself like you do. Much symphathize!

Hi!
Thanks Ms. Tram,
I don't lease my house to local people, only foreigners cause my rooms are quite "more comfortable" than what Vietnamese ask for and can afford. Right now I'm leasing my house to expats and I know the working paper as well as legal procedure. I also take care of everything to make sure the house/rooms meet all of their demands. But it's my house. Now if thinking about renting a house and leasing to foreigners, I want to make sure it's a good business, which mean there's a real need in my area: District 7. That's what I want to know.

I'm also selling furniture to Vietnamese and I want to know if foreigners want to buy them. Unless all of them are renting a house, why don't they buy European standard furniture at Vietnamese price (even cheaper) for their houses if they have a need?

Hi!
In order to get a visa to Vietnam for Pakistan people, you must have these as below:
- Sponsorship from a Vietnam citizen's relative. --> visa to visit relative
- Sponsorship from a travel agency --> tourist visa
- Sponsorship from a company/organization --> working/cooperation/studing visa.

You submit the documents you have to prove these above to Department of Immigrant of Vietnam, they'll verify and provide you a kind of permission document if you're qualified.
You'll submit that document together with your passport to get a visa into Vietnam. There're lawyers to help you get through with this and get a visa right at Vietnam airport when you arrived.

can you give me the details about the item you want to import from VN. and where to export the item?

Hi Mr. Rey!

At the moment I'm doing market research and want to import goods first, not export.
I'm thinking of import goods that not big companies interested in though there're needs in Vietnam.

As you have mentioned, until now what sort of products you found out that there is hi demand for local Vietnamese market?
Are you focused on lower to medium market or you are more interested in capturing medium to higher segment?
I also have something similar for Vietnamese market so it will great to share the ideas and enhance the targeted efforts.
Cheers,
Aaron

It is always good to have many business ideas in mind anyway, you are brave to do that alone, I keep you pseudo in my head when i'll be in Vietnam

Keep in touch

Hi Scarletvn,

I'm heading back to Vietnam soon, can you give some advise on opening / getting a Vietnam business license in the IT area.
Thanks

Sam

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]