What job opportunities are available for expats?

Hey,

I'd very much like to move to Mauritius in the autumn. I have taught English for two years in South Korea and I'm trying to find out what kind of jobs are available in Mauritius.

What do most expats do over there? It seems that English language teaching is rather hard to come by, so what options are available? I'm very serious about moving there but I haven't a clue where to start.

I'm 23 and English, I've got a degree in History and a CELTA. After I graduated university I taught in a Middle School for two years in Korea, what opportunities are available for someone with my qualifications and limited experience?

Any replies are hugely helpful, if you can suggest any resources I'd be very grateful.

I should explain my situation a little bit, I think it's a bit confusing.

Like I said, I lived in Korea for two years, I met a Chinese girl and we've been dating for over a year. The Korean government made moves to get rid of many English teachers and I had to leave my job there. My girlfriend was a Chinese language teacher and had the same problem. We made a plan to travel to another country and teach, my thoughts being Thailand or Vietnam. She applied for Mauritius! It seems it's fairly easy for her to get a job there, there's good demand for Chinese language education. She assumed that because I teach English I could teach anywhere in the world. She didn't realise it wasn't that simple!

So our situation now is a little stifled, her company won't let her change her application - she's going to Mauritius, and I'm a little stuck. Haha, so really any advice on getting a job as a foreigner would be greatly appreciated. She chose a beautiful place to live and if I could live there it would be splendid.

Mauritius Job market is quite tough. The economy is not great. To live as an expat for a little while is fine. I have had my dose for 5 years.

You could probably try one of the private english medium school.

Good Luck.
Cheers